Thread: Daystar KT09100BK coil spring spacer

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    89 4wd

Daystar KT09100BK coil spring spacer

I've been searching around for some larger coil spring spacers lately, I really wanted to avoid using the mr. gaskets on the bottom. I think i may have found a pretty good alternative for anyone who is interested and only wants to use a single top spacer. The daystar KT09100BK, is designed for the early 90's 4runner but with a little modification it will fit our vans very nicely.

Here it is next to my old mr gasket 1285, its about twice the size.
    1.jpg

The diameter of the grove is just a little too big to force on, but if you cut a section out it will snug down nicely into the grove. I took out just under a 1/4" and it worked out really good.
    cutt.jpg

Here it is installed
    installed.jpg

Here it is with a 235 75 15 tire on a samurai rim.
    2.jpg

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    4x4 Cargo

Re: Daystar KT09100BK coil spring spacer

wow, just found this. nice mod! the mr gasket spacers on mine are squashing out and all deformed from the PO driving around on them like that. ill probably try this instead of new mr gaskets. i assume you removed the factory upper spring insulators. does it give you the same amount of lift as the mr gaskets? does it squash out with that crack you cut in it (should i close that back up with a bracket) or does it work ok?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    89 4wd

The daystar spacer is considerably stiffer than the Mr gaskets. I have had zero problems or squishing out without a bracket to hold the seam. I don't think a bracket is necessary especially if you are careful with the amount of material you remove but it couldn't hurt. I did remove the factory insulator and it's probably equivalent to have a Mr gasket on the top and bottom maybe a smidge more

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    88 4WD 5Spd LE Lifted 2" with Tracker aluminum 15" wheels and 215/75/15 tires 95 4Runner 00 4Runner 3in lift 84 Extra Cab 4WD Pickup 4.5 in lift 79 Supra with 70,000 miles 86 MR2 with a V6 5speed swa

I have a set of aluminum 2" spacers made to fit the top of 96-02 4Runners. They fit almost perfect and no need to worry about squashing out.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 Toyota Town Ace 4WD Super Extra 5MT 2-CT

What is the height difference between this and the stock spacer?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 LE 4WD MANUAL

Any updates on this Daystar spacer lift??

I have just received a rear set of the Daystar spacer KT09100BK. I plan to follow your lead on cutting them for tight fitment. Did you leave the stock Toyota insulator on the lower spring perch cup?

My plans: 1987 Toyota Van LE 4WD-EFI (5-Speed)

Rear:
    *Cut-to-fit Daystar KT09100BK spacers.
    *Shocks: KYB (just-gas) kg54312

Front:
    *Crank up torsion bar to meet height of rear.
    *Shocks: KYB (just-gas) kg54304

Wheel/Tire:
    *Suzuki Sidekick 9-hole wheel 15" x 5.5" (4.25" backspacing)
    *General Grabber AT2 tire 215/75-15

At this point I know I will have to do some body cutting (mostly front end). But I was looking for any tips that would help my process along the way.

I have lifted my fair share of jeeps/trucks. And using a larger spacer at the top really appealed to me vs Mr. gasket #1285 upper/lower combo.

**If anyone else has tried this lift please share**

Thanks!
    Last edited by toyvan87; 11-02-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota 4wd Cargo Van

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan87 View Post
    Any updates on this Daystar spacer lift??

I have just received a rear set of the Daystar spacer KT09100BK. I plan to follow your lead on cutting them for tight fitment. Did you leave the stock Toyota insulator on the lower spring perch cup?

My plans: 1987 Toyota Van LE 4WD-EFI (5-Speed)

Rear:
    *Cut-to-fit Daystar KT09100BK spacers.
    *Shocks: KYB (just-gas) kg54312

Front:
    *Crank up torsion bar to meet height of rear.
    *Shocks: KYB (just-gas) kg54304

Wheel/Tire:
    *Suzuki Sidekick 9-hole wheel 15" x 5.5" (4.25" backspacing)
    *General Grabber AT2 tire 215/75-15

At this point I know I will have to do some body cutting (mostly front end). But I was looking for any tips that would help my process along the way.

I have lifted my fair share of jeeps/trucks. And using a larger spacer at the top really appealed to me vs Mr. gasket #1285 upper/lower combo.

**If anyone else has tried this lift please share**

Thanks!

I am pretty much going the same route with a few exceptions.

Same Daystar spacer in the back, Durango shocks for front and Tacoma for the back (Sensa brand), as well as a torsion crank. Only running 27x8.5 r14 though... don't want a ton of fitment issues, hopefully.

Will be a couple weeks... have to report back

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

I went with the same set up. Left the bottom insulator to keep squeaking noise to minimum. If you have access to a band saw it's a breeze to install with an invisible cut. Nice and tight. It's Urethane, not rubber, will last forever hot or frozen!

Here is mine. (weird! rotated 90deg)

20180713_161324.jpg
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    89 4x4 LE

When you guys say Tacoma rear and Durango front shocks, are they for 2 or 4wd vehicles?

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota 4wd Cargo Van

Quote Originally Posted by Stroker613 View Post
    When you guys say Tacoma rear and Durango front shocks, are they for 2 or 4wd vehicles?

The Fronts were these:

2270-FS - SENSEN Shocks Front
    Fitment:

• 1997-2004 Dodge Dakota 4WD
    • 1998-2003 Dodge Durango 4WD

Last edited by Flecker; 12-06-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    91 JDM TownAce

Sorry to dig up an old thread. But do you guys have any intel on where to source insulators for the lower perch? My uppers and lowers are annihilated and I am thinking its whats contributing to my rear end sag..Hoping these spacers and bilsteins will tighten her back up.

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

MD,
    You can cut them yourself easily out of a sheet of hard rubber from Mc Master-car, MSC, Graindger, or any other supply house. Just make sure you chose a high Durometer Shore A (hardness measurement) A70 is about the hardness of a tire I would not go any lower . You can use Urethane but you are going to need a hole saw rather than a simple box cuter or razor blade to cut the center hole.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 Master Ace Surf 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by MD420 View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread. But do you guys have any intel on where to source insulators for the lower perch? My uppers and lowers are annihilated and I am thinking its whats contributing to my rear end sag..Hoping these spacers and bilsteins will tighten her back up.

I believe that they are still available from Toyota. I think they were around $30 each last time I checked. Not sure what the P/N is though.

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

Ok so after rocking the Mr. Gasket spacers for about 5 years, they became mangled and deformed. One of the bottom spacers nearly wiggled itself out from between the coil and the perch and I was able to remove it by hand with the van still on the ground so I figured I would try this method out. After installing the single Daystar spacer on the tops, I can say this is infinitely better than the Mr. Gasket option, I wish I would have done this earlier. The ride is much better, the fitment is a lot less "janky," and the van sits both higher and more level now than it did with the Mr. Gasket.

Aside from what's already been said on the matter regarding installation, I took a little extra time to hit the bottom coil perches with a wire brush and paint before putting in the new insulator. Speaking of the insulator, the part number is 48258-28010 and my local Toyota dealer told me they were NLA. I ended up ordering some OEM insulators from the UAE of all places.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    89 4WD

Question to those who have used the spacers. Do you have to order two sets? I assumed that one box would cover both springs but it appears that there are two different spacers in one box (maybe a top and bottom?). Did I get an incorrect spacer or do I need to order another set? Planning on doing the sen sen shocks- I have em. Just need the spacers.
    Thanks!

My Van(s):

Nop! one box , two identical spacers, one axle.
    LG.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    89 4WD

Thanks! The folks on the FB group had the same answer. Time to contact Amazon!