Thread: Haven't moved my van in 2 years! A couple questions

My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota van LE automatic (painted like the mystery machine)

Question Haven't moved my van in 2 years! A couple questions

So long story short, the last time I really drove my van was around march of 2015, I did pass smog in April 2014.

Stopped driving it due to not having money for repairs and something else always happening after I made an expensive fix.

Currently I have bought the biggest battery I can for the 87 Toyota Van LE RWD. (Since old one is dead)

Will purchase a new radiator as well. (Due to currently leaking radiator)

Do I need to look out for anything else? It's been in my garage this whole time, do I need to worry about tires cracking? I purchased some tires around Summer of 2013. And I honestly don't remember the maintenance that's been done on it from when I purchased it in 2010.

I just know that it needed a new radiator and I had the rack and pinion replaced in January 2016 due to leaking power steering.

Anything helps! Thanks!

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 2wd Manual LE

Re: Haven't moved my van in 2 years! A couple questions

-Check for codes.

-Since you are replacing the radiator, you should do a coolant system flush, check your coolant hoses for cracking and replace the thermostat.

-Hopefully, you put fuel stabilizer in it before storage. Burn through that tank of gas and then change the fuel filter.

-Check all the vacuum hoses and belts for cracking. I wouldn't drive much on cracking tires, but that's me.

-Replace your transmission fluid. Replace your rear diff fluid.

-Flush your brake and clutch fluid(if u have one).

While you do that stuff, keep an eye out for anything else that looks damaged. Start there.

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Not quite two years but old gas?
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Oops beat me to it!
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 2wd Manual LE

Yeah. The last thing anyone wants is a gummed up fuel system. Fuel gauge won't work, fuel pump/lines clogged, fuel filter botched up, etc.. I put stabilizer in just for a 6 month storage period.