Thread: tims photobucket uploads are all now broken links

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    4x4 Cargo

tims photobucket uploads are all now broken links

i was looking at the weekend project thread and the article on removing broken exhaust studs last night and this morning got back on and all the photo links are broken. it looks like its specific to tims photo bucket links. yikes! hopefully it hasn't nuked all of the photos on tims entire post history.

I've never been very pleased with photo bucket as an image host, might i suggest imgur or SLiMG if hosting outside of this forum's built in photo uploads? these services are made specifically for permalinking and embedding images across the web so they dont break

UPDATE: its looking like its all photo bucket links that are down for me (not exclusive to just tim)? anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by spacecruisers; 10-13-2016 at 12:08 PM.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: tims photobucket uploads are all now broken links

Yes, I noticed that too. Back when I started with photobucket (about 10 years ago) they were awesome. But now I am becoming increasingly more dissatisfied with their performance. I pay for a premium account and over time have accumulated thousands of photos. It would be nothing short of a disaster if they ever went off-line permanently. Whatever their problem it looks as though they straitened it out (photos are back-up). Their video hosting is another story. All my videos there quit working a year or so ago, so whenever I find an old thread with one in it I move it over to youtube. I think I've got most of them now, but there could be a few more. If anybody finds one that I missed, please PM me or post a link here (this thread) and I'll get it fixed. Thanks. Tim

PS: Due to volume of pics, moving to another hosting site would be a monumental task. Not to mention tracking down and changing all my image tags on this forum (and others).

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    4x4 Cargo

Re: tims photobucket uploads are all now broken links

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    Yes, I noticed that too. Back when I started with photobucket (about 10 years ago) they were awesome. But now I am becoming increasingly more dissatisfied with their performance. I pay for a premium account and over time have accumulated thousands of photos. It would be nothing short of a disaster if they ever went off-line permanently. Whatever their problem it looks as though they straitened it out (photos are back-up). Their video hosting is another story. All my videos there quit working a year or so ago, so whenever I find an old thread with one in it I move it over to youtube. I think I've got most of them now, but there could be a few more. If anybody finds one that I missed, please PM me or post a link here (this thread) and I'll get it fixed. Thanks. Tim

PS: Due to volume of pics, moving to another hosting site would be a monumental task. Not to mention tracking down and changing all my image tags on this forum (and others).

I understand! It looks like they're all back up now - I guess photobucket must have been down for a little bit. Phew, That could have been a disaster.