Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PARTING OUT: 1989 4x4 TV

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

Re: PARTING OUT: 1989 4x4 TV

Quote Originally Posted by benkrogh View Post
    I might also want the inside handle as well, mine has never worked. Thanks!
    I'll try and pull the entire assembly this week, inside handle included, and let you know. Honestly that would give you the best bang for your buck because the outer handle is the desirable part.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
    If you are not intimidated by a little sawzaw job...
    This van is off site (girlfriend said I have "too many old damn Toyotas, " as if that's possible) so later this week when I'm out at the van I'll take a look and see if the rust has gotten to it as its found it's way into most of the body. I'll let you know what I find out.
    Last edited by AD2101; 01-16-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    88 Window Cargo, 86 LE

Looking for an igniter and distributor mostly

Would like to find a pair of good front door panels, manual window regulators and crank handles to convert my power stuff to manual

shipping would be to 29303

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

Quote Originally Posted by bryan95502 View Post
    Looking for an igniter and distributor mostly
    I can help with that! The igniter is already out of the van as I figured someone would want that at some point. The distributor shouldn't be a hard pull. The van is an LE and has power windows so I can't help you out on that front, sorry.

I'm waiting for some people to reply to PMs I sent earlier in the week and this weekend is shaping up to be my big move weekend so if you can hang tight until next week for me to ship it out PM me and we'll get the ball rolling.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    88 Window Cargo, 86 LE

I'm not in a big hurry. Let me know

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota Van (passenger/cargo)

i also need that rear wiper arm! and i'll take that front RH amber blinker/corner lense as well if its not cracked! i can't tell from the angle...

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 van wagon

Hello I am looking for a crankshaft if you get into that motor. Also the slider ext. handle. Thank you

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    88 LE 4WD 5spd (keeper) 87 LE 4WD Auto (2nd van, gone to a good home) 84 LE (1st van, gone to a good home)

Do you have a fog light switch for this van? I'd buy it.

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Benjie View Post
    Hello I am looking for a crankshaft if you get into that motor. Also the slider ext. handle. Thank you
    Slider handle has been sold, sorry. As far as the crankshaft goes, when I'm about ready to send her out to get crushed the last thing I'll do is pull the motor, tranny, and transfer case. At that point I'll gladly pull the crankshaft, but that won't probably be happening until late spring as I want to send as many parts out as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by fuquan View Post
    Do you have a fog light switch for this van? I'd buy it.
    Sorry, that part has sold.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 van wagon

Thanks as of now I'm in no hurry. I might need a cam as well let me know when you get into it

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 LE auto 300k, 1988 5spd 4wd 140k.

I'm looking for a the fusebox with or without the attached relays- I see you mention relays gone yet was wondering if the fuse box assembly still there? thanks -Austin 32764, Fla

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1990 Hiace Super Custom 4WD diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonized View Post
    The one I'm looking for look like this: .
    Those look like what I had in my 4runner for some panels.

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

You would not believe how many variations of this clips exist! Number of heads, the spacing between heads, diameter of heads, diameter of stem, length of stem, grab thickness: grabbing ( Hate that word now!) 1.2 millimeter plastic or 1 millimeter steel means HOLD or FAIL! Interior use/ exterior use, color, material, etc. etc. etc. check it on clips and fastener .com it's unbelievable!
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    "Hansel" The 1988 5 speed 4x4

Hello, I am looking for some steering linkage. In particular this u joint and shaft
    Let me know it would help out a lot as mine is bent. Thanks! -Ian
    IMG_2250.jpg

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

I also need the two lower corners of the windshield molding.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

My Van(s):

Everyone who's claimed a part check your inbox!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian R. View Post
    Hello, I am looking for some steering linkage. In particular this u joint and shaft
    Let me know it would help out a lot as mine is bent. Thanks! -Ian
    Hehe, I tried pulling that part for you today Ian, good news is the one I have looks like it'll fit the bill. One problem, how do you get the damn thing off? Any tips? Also, I'll need to move the van from the ant hill it's currently parked on top of to the carport seeing as the van won't steer after I pull this guy but I needed to do that anyway.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

Good question. I have never removed one myself. Toyotavans.org has an online repair manual under tips and tricks link. I looked at the steering section of the manual and it was not much help describing how to remove the intermediate arm. Maybe you can make sense of it. Good news is my transfer case is blown so I wont be needing the intermediate arm anytime soon. I still want the part but I know once you take it off the van is going to be a pita to move.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

There might be a snap ring at the end of the shaft opposite the u joint.

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Ian R. View Post
    Good question. I have never removed one myself. Toyotavans.org has an online repair manual under tips and tricks link. I looked at the steering section of the manual and it was not much help describing how to remove the intermediate arm. Maybe you can make sense of it. Good news is my transfer case is blown so I wont be needing the intermediate arm anytime soon. I still want the part but I know once you take it off the van is going to be a pita to move.
    Ian, maybe you can send him your bent one so he can put it on his rig and at list move it around a bit? just a bit of extra $hipping and remove/install practice.
    LG.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 LE 4x4 5 Speed

Van Fan,

I'm looking for some LE body trim. Specifically the piece over the drivers side rear wheel well, the short piece under the gas tank lid, and the piece on the slider door. I see that the one on door is missing on your parts vehicle. Any chance you could ship me the other pieces?

Cheers

My Van(s):

I can help with that! I'll send you a private message in the next couple days with pictures once I pull the parts