Thread: Trouble starting and stalls on idle during/after rain

My Van(s):
    1990 Toyota Townace Royal Lounge

Question Trouble starting and stalls on idle during/after rain

Hey all,
    Haven't been around here for a minute. Largely because the heat makes a 30 year old vehicle a little insufferable during the summer in the south. But I've had an issue going on for a while. The title largely states it. During it after decently heavy rains, I have a hell of a time getting my 1990 4wd townace to start. I can always get it to everyday but it takes crabbing it repeatedly and hitting the gas pedal. Then once started it's liable to stall out when going from a stopped idle to accelerating. Then I have to do the same starting maneuver as before. It will also occasionally happen when I'm slowing down to take a turn, again only during or after rain. Usually after ~10 minutes of driving I don't have to worry about it anymore. It will start up again or accelerate from idle fine. Does this sound like water is leaking into my air intake somewhere? Any direction of where to look or other diagnoses would be appreciated.
    Logan

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    86 Van LE

Re: Trouble starting and stalls on idle during/after rain

Have you checked for moisture underneath your distributor cap?

My Van(s):
    1990 Toyota Townace Royal Lounge

Re: Trouble starting and stalls on idle during/after rain

have not yet, I need to make a point next time it rains. Usually i'm not thinking about it unless im needing to be somewhere while its happening