Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Photobucket policy is blocking some TVT images

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: How to disassemble the dash on a Previa

They are displaying for me.......even your quote of my post they display. Perhaps try signing out and signing back in? Is anybody else having this issue?

My Van(s):
    1985 5-sp cargo (Trustyvan) . . . . 1989 5-sp 4WD DLX (Skylervan)

Odd. They are NOT displaying for me, quote or original.

Gwen
    1985 5-speed window cargo van set up for llama haulin'; 345K ("Trustyvan")
    1989 4WD 5-speed DLX; 410K and an odd sense of humor ("Skylervan")

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Huh, that's weird, now they're not displaying for me either. I sure hope photobucket isn't holding out for more money again.

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE auto dual range t-case (the mistress) 1988 4WD LE auto(the donut van)

Tim, some of your pics in another thread I was looking at yesterday evening weren't displaying either.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

I host my pics on photobucket...........evidently they're having an issue??? If they aren't back up in a week I'll take a closer look. Tim

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    I host my pics on photobucket...........evidently they're having an issue??? If they aren't back up in a week I'll take a closer look. Tim

Do you have a paid account with them? It sounds like you do from a previous post, but if not your pics hosted there should have stopped showing up a couple years ago.

I had some choice words for them when they changed their terms. Rhymes with photobucket.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Yes, I have had one of their "premium" paid accounts for years. I have them set up with PayPal auto-pay, so they always get their money when it's due. I tried to sign into my account when their pics failed to display for me, then again last night........but their site was down both times (can't even get a sign-in screen). If they're gone for good that will do irreparable damage to the forum. A computer crash a few years ago wiped out many of my back-up picture files, so many of those on photobucket are sole survivors. Even if I did have back-ups, it's such a huge job to upload and arrange it's not likely I'd ever get around to it (I have thousands of pics posted here via photobucket links). Tim

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Okay, I just did a search and found this: https://twitter.com/photobucket?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Looks like they're aware of it and working on a fix. Tim

PS: here's a quote from their twitter page:

"12/21/2019
    **SERVICE DISRUPTION UPDATE 12/21: The majority of Photobucket Members are back online. We continue to work on getting all Members’ fully functional. We will report back as progress continues.**"

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    Okay, I just did a search and found this: https://twitter.com/photobucket?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Looks like they're aware of it and working on a fix. Tim

PS: here's a quote from their twitter page:

"12/21/2019
    **SERVICE DISRUPTION UPDATE 12/21: The majority of Photobucket Members are back online. We continue to work on getting all Members’ fully functional. We will report back as progress continues.**"
    Its reassuring (not) that they still haven't fixed the problem. I have a couple of photopucket accounts that I can't even get into anymore....

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Quote Originally Posted by Previologist View Post
    Its reassuring (not) that they still haven't fixed the problem. I have a couple of photopucket accounts that I can't even get into anymore....
    Yeah, I agree. They've been messed up for a few years now and IMO on their way out. Due to the length of this outage I doubt they're throwing very many resources at this. I'm guessing it's going to end up as a purge of the archives. It will be a shame to lose all that content, but the only thing I could do would be start my own hosting site..........and that's not going to happen. Tim

My Van(s):
    A June 1989 Toyota Van DX Purchased in Aug 2017, it had 89,000 original miles!!

Re: New Photobucket policy is blocking some TVT images

Gwen,

Here is a thread that had photos when you clicked the links (just a few weeks ago) and now they are missing. I was interested in the link for reading multiple codes....

Thank you

https://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/...gons-all-years

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Quote Originally Posted by HI_Beach_Van View Post
    Gwen,

Here is a thread that had photos when you clicked the links (just a few weeks ago) and now they are missing. I was interested in the link for reading multiple codes....

Thank you

Hi Beach Van,

We recently had this discussion but it was improperly posted in the Previa Technical forum (it belongs here). For that reason I just moved those posts over to this thread. The forum automatically organizes posts based on the date/times they were made, so they will show before your most recent comment. Just scroll up to view. Tim

My Van(s):
    1985 5-sp cargo (Trustyvan) . . . . 1989 5-sp 4WD DLX (Skylervan)

Gwen,

Thank you

The pdfs are still there and download for me. They won't open as a window in your brower, and you do need Acrobat Reader installed to view the PDFs.

Gwen
    1985 5-speed window cargo van set up for llama haulin'; 345K ("Trustyvan")
    1989 4WD 5-speed DLX; 410K and an odd sense of humor ("Skylervan")

My Van(s):
    A June 1989 Toyota Van DX Purchased in Aug 2017, it had 89,000 original miles!!

Quote Originally Posted by llamavan View Post
    The pdfs are still there and download for me. They won't open as a window in your brower, and you do need Acrobat Reader installed to view the PDFs.

Gwen
    Thanks for the quick reply. The PDFs download fine, but the links that had pictures are not there...

• For an example of how the "check engine" light behaves when a van is throwing two codes, click here.

Thanks

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Thanks for the quick reply. The PDFs download fine, but the links that had pictures are not there...

• For an example of how the "check engine" light behaves when a van is throwing two codes, click here.

Thanks
    That is one of the photobucket pics that are currently unavailable.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1993 2WD Previa LE

I was able to see a picture that is not showing by doing a google search on the link.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1280&bih=881

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

I was able to sign into my account today and here's the message I received:

Dear Photobucket Members,

We apologize for the most recent site outage that continues to impact you. While our systems are coming back online, unfortunately, you are part of a small group of Members that are still affected and we sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We experienced a total power outage at our primary datacenter. Because of the abrupt nature of the power outage, our system wasn’t able to utilize backup processes to stay online without interruption. Many of our systems have come back online and we are making progress so that our site is available to all Members. The process for some Members has taken longer than expected and we are working diligently to bring the site up as fast as possible without compromising any photos on the site. Most importantly, your photos are safe!

I’m sorry, I understand your frustration as well as the hardship you may have experienced over the past weeks. We all rely on trusted digital partners to make our lives easier and when they let us down it’s irritating and disruptive.

We’ve learned a lot from this experience and we are taking major steps to prevent this from happening again. We continue to work around the clock until the website is fully functional for every Member and we will keep you updated as things progress. Over the next few months, our focus will shift to rolling out a new website and new mobile apps, built on a more reliable platform.

Thank you for your commitment and loyalty to Photobucket!

Ted

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Dear photobucket Teddy,

This kind of words soup is what we get when corporate greed overcome the geek brain.
    In your effort to purge your site of all "free" accounts, somebody wrote a wrong line of code, pushed the "GO" button and you got caught with your pants down.
    You even managed to snick in a sale speech for future product into what is suppose to sound like and apology.
    A forewarning to your members,the minute this "outage" happened would have avoided a lot of stress and frustration as well as prevented the back lash that your company will now suffer.
    A spontaneous offer of a few years of free "premium" membership to your loyal premium member, along with free technical assistance to repair any technical damage done, would have gone miles toward restoring the lost trust in your company.
    Shareholders before customers is not long term sustainable Teddy.

The user of one of your "premium paying member" 's FREE website.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Today I was able to sign into my photobucket account. I was immediately stopped by a warning saying I could not proceed until I disabled my ad blocker (prevents pop-up advertisement). I have a paid photobucker account and never had to deal with this before today (disappointing). So I disabled ad blocker and was able to view my folders. All the folders are still there, but the amount of pics listed in them have greatly diminished (I estimate approx 2,000 pics are missing). I then tried to click on a folder but instead of being able to view I got an endless "loading" icon. I left and came back multiple times and tried different folders only to find the same results with each attempt. The one thing that does work is their advertisement program. I was reminded I need to clear my cache because I now I feel spied upon. I'll check it again in a few days and keep you all updated as to what happens. Tim

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

I did a wickipedia search on photobucket, and boy, it's a wonder how this thing is still in business. Interesting read but be warned: pinch you nose before diving 'cause it stinks. Once owned by News Corp. Cannot shake the News Corp stench off, no matter how many Venture screw balls have owned it since.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.