Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Photobucket policy is blocking some TVT images

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: New Photobucket policy is blocking some TVT images

I just sent them the following message in an email:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Hi, I own & operate an internet forum that is reliant on photobucket to display my pictures properly. I have a paid account with you and have an ~ 2,000 pics that are not displaying on the forum. This has been going on since just before Christmas and my forum is a mess.

I have been following your twitter posts and have also received the letter from Ted explaining the situation. I have been very patient while my forum suffers. I still cannot properly sign into my photobucket account. Could you please look at my account/profile and give me some sort of assistance and/or an update on what is happening. I'd also like to make an announcement on my forum as pictures are a major draw and most of the threads are worthless without them. Thank you. Tim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

I sent this from the email address I have on file with them and I provided my account info. I received an auto-response that said dear "username" (so they know who I am) and it basically said they'd be contacting me shortly. I'll keep you posted as to what they say. Tim

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    Vandi -'93 LiteAce 2CT, Auto, 4wd, Skylite!

Awesome thanks!
    I was a member for 2 years before I bought my van.
    Vandi-

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Here's the email response from Photobucket, it only took 4 days to get this vague and non-committal response.

Hello,

Our team has nearly resolved all site issues caused by the outage, however, some accounts are still experiencing issues. Unfortunately, your account is one of the accounts that are still affected. Our team has been working non-stop to resolve all remaining site issues.

We currently don't have an estimated time when these issues will be fixed but we are hoping that this will be resolved as soon as possible. We'll reach back out to you once we have an update. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Best,

This seems like a gradual let-down to me. I would expect the next one to say something like "although most accounts were recovered, yours is one of the few that was damaged beyond repair. Again, our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you". I would also expect some type of push to an upgraded (more expensive) account that would have protections against this sort of thing. I hope I'm wrong and I really hope they fix it, but it's been almost a month and my account was likely grandfathered into a lower annual fee structure. I'm guessing the contract wording was such they could not easily raise my annual fees. That could explain a lot. Tim

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

It appears this issue has been resolved. It took so long I was almost convinced all images were lost. I am very happy that I was wrong. Here's the email I just received from photobucket:

Hello,

I'd like to let you know that your account is no longer affected by the site outage.

If you have images that are linked out to other websites and are still unable to see them, you may need to clear your cache and cookies and then restart your browser. You can read more on how to clear your browser's cache and cookies here.

We share your frustration regarding this outage. We've been hard at work on getting the new Photobucket site ready for all our users. The new site will be more reliable and secure to store, share, and host your images.

Please let me know if you need further assistance with your account. Thanks again for your patience.

Kind regards

I still need to sign into my account and do an inventory, but I can see some of my pics now displaying on page 1 of this thread. That is a very good indication that my complete account is back, but it will take some time to inventory and sort things out. If anybody finds any of my images missing, please post a link to that thread here. Thank you for your help and patience. Tim

My Van(s):
    1989 Wonder Wagon Automatic, camper conversion (cargo)

I've enjoyed Imgur for many years and it works well on my forums. I do have an account on imgsrc.ru for my trucking memories pics. They are trying to get people to upgrade for some benefits. its supposed to be one of the largest photo sites in the world. It's in English & Russian. Just click on "eng" next to the globe icon in the top right of the page. It's a little annoying but it reverts back to Russian every few pages; oh well.