Hey Folks,
I am after some help and advice.
I have a 2.8l 1994 Super GL Hiace (Model: LH119V-RRPES) which is interchangeable between 2 and 4WD.
The van failed the MOT as it needs new shock absorber bushes, some top and some bottom - so basically the advice was to replace top and bottom bushes on all four shocks.

Does anyone know if you can actually and easily remove (easily = without the need of a hydraulic press) these shock absorber bushes? My local mechanic says you can with some shocks but not others, in which case you have to replace the entire shocks - it seems my original shocks are ok. The mechanic is happy to work on the van but too busy to source the parts, so that is my job (very limited knowledge = lots of web searching = general confusion).

If you can easily replace the bushes (these seem more easily available on ebay), can anyone help decipher the part numbers required. Looking at jp-carparts.com part numbers the codes for full shock assemblies are pretty straight forward: 48510 (Front RH), 48520 (Front LH), 48530 (Rear RH) and 48540 (Rear LH).

However the codes for the bushes seem more complicated. For example with the rear shocks there are 48530B, C, D, E, F & H which include several washers a retainer and a bush. Do I need all these parts to replace the bushes?

Does anyone have opinions or advice whether I should attemp to replace just the bushes or the shocks - also if there are any brands you would use or avoid?

Thanks in advance for you help.
Cheers
Harry