So, a while back, I took the turn signal switch cluster out of a 89 LE and put it my 87 cargo with the intention on installing the factory cruise control (still haven't got around to that). Blinkers and hazards worked fine. Much to my surprise the cornering lamps even worked. It's weird because my original lamps didn't even have the sockets for bulbs, thought the wires for the lights were in place and I never messed with any cornering lamp relay.

Anyway, recently the blinkers/ hazards started blinking really slow, blink at varying speeds or would stick in the on or off position when switched on. Sometimes they work fine, sometimes not. the bulbs are all good standard filament bulbs. It seems like if I leave the hazards on for a few minutes, they will come back to normal. Definitely some sort of resistance/conductivity somewhere. I'm thinking this is a moisture issue? My windshield leaks and needs replacement, though I don't drive it in the rain and keep it under a car port, but condensation from dew might still be dripping behind the dash. Anything else I might too consider before i get crazy with the contact cleaner and dielectric grease?