Thread: slave cylinder bleeding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Van(s):
    87 4wd cargo 88 4wd cargo

slave cylinder bleeding

friday nite my slave cylinder gave up and couldnt have been at a worse time. a good snow storm bearing down on us here in rhode island.my only option was to leave the van where it blew. i am lucky enough to have a parts van so yesterday a.m. with 5 inches of snow on the ground i was able to remove the donor and replace the bad one. after bleeding i find that the clutch pedal now "picks up" much sooner. did i not bleed it good enough? or am i doing something wrong. thanx for any advice. i,ll prolly rebleed it when i clear out a good spot to work on it today. pump pump pump hold crack pump pump pump hold crack.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: slave cylinder bleeding

My Van(s):
    87 4wd cargo 88 4wd cargo

thanx tim for posting that. well i cleared out a good space and used a pickle jar and a tube to bleed with and sure enough there was some air still in the line. at the time of my first attempt it was blowing 30 mph and the snow was really flyin!! guess i was just in a hurry. but all is well now.seems the van can really pick a good time to break down but, i,m 1 step in front of it!! ha ha yota van beat ya.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

The clutch system can be a real PITA to bleed sometimes. I've heard guys swear up & down you can't bleed these with the front end up in the air (like on jack stands or ramps), but could finally bleed once the van was level. I guess I should have mentioned that before, but I personally have never experienced it to be that sensitive. I just regarded it as an excuse for their inadequacies . Glad you got it figured out. Tim