Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The WHAT-IS-THIS-PART and WHAT-IS-THE-PART-NUMBER Thread for Previas

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1991 Toyota Previa DX

Re: The WHAT-IS-THIS-PART and WHAT-IS-THE-PART-NUMBER Thread for Previas

Does anyone know the part number or part description for the gasket that goes between the head and the oil return pipe. This is the pipe that drains the valve cover area back to the oil pan located at the head. I can't find this in any of the exploded diagrams I find.

I looked at the part number 12269-76010 on the ToyotaPartsDeal.com website and the picture of the gasket doesn't look anything like the gasket I think I need. The pipe connection that is leaking on my van looks like it just needs a typical two bolt full face flange gasket with about a 1 inch hole to me. Or maybe an O ring.
    Last edited by samstrader; 03-21-2023 at 03:29 PM.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    67 Chevy 69 Chevy 70 Chevy 96 Previa 04 Sprinter

Gaskets are easy to make. O-rings are easy to find.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    91 Previa

Quote Originally Posted by samstrader View Post
    Does anyone know the part number or part description for the gasket that goes between the head and the oil return pipe. This is the pipe that drains the valve cover area back to the oil pan located at the head. I can't find this in any of the exploded diagrams I find.

I looked at the part number 12269-76010 on the ToyotaPartsDeal.com website and the picture of the gasket doesn't look anything like the gasket I think I need. The pipe connection that is leaking on my van looks like it just needs a typical two bolt full face flange gasket with about a 1 inch hole to me. Or maybe an O ring.
    I think the part number is right, but the picture is misleading; it appears to show one of the two studs for the face flange. (Maybe the studs come with the gasket? I don't know why that would be.) See attached picture from ToyoDIY.com.
    Oil return gasket.jpg

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1991 Toyota Previa DX

Thanks John. This looks right and the picture is very helpful. Now I can tell what I am getting into.

I didn't know about ToyoDIY.com. It's a great site and I'll save it in my favorites.... Thanks for this too.

Sam
    Last edited by samstrader; 03-22-2023 at 10:38 AM.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1991 Toyota Previa DX

I learned that the ToyoDIY.com side does not have parts diagrams anymore because of a complaint from Toyota. So I Googled parts diagrams for a 1991 Toyota Previa and the diagram that John posted that matches the parts descriptions came up on the first try. Although you can't see the parts diagrams in ToyoDIY.com, it's easy to find the matching parts diagrams for the ToyoDIY.com parts lists. There is almost nothing better than a parts diagram to help you figure out how to put something together or take something apart.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1992 Previa AT LE

I've seen a decline in the level of detail on a lot of the Toyota parts sites, but this one still has the diagrams:
    https://parts.villagetoyota.com/
    "If you find yourself holding a sledgehammer or a crowbar, it's time for a break."

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1991 Toyota Previa DX

I just looked at this website and it has great parts diagrams. Very nice to have this information. I've saved this to my favorites.

THANKS...