Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The WHAT-IS-THIS-PART and WHAT'S-THE-PART-NUMBER Thread for US Toyota Vans 1984-1989

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '88 4x4 5 speed manual

Re: The WHAT-IS-THIS-PART and WHAT'S-THE-PART-NUMBER Thread for US Toyota Vans 1984-1

someday I will learn to read a wiring diagram - in the meantime I keep trying to back my way into the rogue wires.

Any ideas on where this one goes?

Seems like it would connect near the radiator cap somewhere. Got a sketchy wire there already but no room for a 3rd connection that I can see.

BONUS CLUE - my radiator light is always on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Re: The WHAT-IS-THIS-PART and WHAT'S-THE-PART-NUMBER Thread for US Toyota Vans 1984-1

There’s a thread that outlines all the ports around the filler neck but I’m not able to locate it at this time, as for your radiator light “staying on” your low on coolant, loosing coolant somewhere or your overflow bottle sensor has gone out??

Here’s a thread on “radiator overflow bottle sensor”

https://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/...ht=Filler+neck

Hope this helps, this may not be the problem but it’s an excellent read

JDM
    Last edited by JDM VANMAN; 05-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '88 4x4 5 speed manual

on it - not leaking any coolant but thanks for the link JDM, I love going deep on these issues regardless.

My Van(s):
    1989 4x4 5 speed dlx 1987 4x4 5 speed cargo 1987 4x4 5 speed LE 1987 2wd 5 speed cargo conversion 1989 2wd auto cargo parts van

sketchy wire is to brown thermal time switch, cold start injector...youre in maine? fix it(btw that sensor is expensive)....fix the other green wiring too as thats the sensor for ecu to read coolant temp and adjust fuel....the lost wire should be grounded, it was for a hot soak fuel pressure bump up for 2 mins? but its better to just ground it so it bumps up every start.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '88 4x4 5 speed manual

thank you!

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 blue auto 4x4

I'm assuming this one is California's fault, but I couldn't find it in this thread or any others google gave me:

Name:  IMG_0283.jpg
Views: 2479
Size:  91.6 KB

to help triangulate - that's between the airbox, battery, and exhaust, runs up and taped to the O2 sensor wire.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

That's your Throttle Position Sensor harness connection. On the back side of the throttle body there's a black plastic box. The connector in your picture should be plugged into that.

Here's a thread that features the throttle body and the TPS:

https://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/...-Throttle-Body

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 blue auto 4x4

Thanks Tim, I never would have caught that the way it was taped so far down to the sensor wires. I’m wondering if that was responsible for the way she’s always bogging down after puddles.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    88 4wd

OK - here's one I could use some help with compatibility on ... I'm looking for part #22230-73011 Auxiliary Air Valve which is NLA. (For '85-'88)

HOWEVER - the part #22230-73010 Auxiliary Air Valve for an '84-'86 is possibly available (and also one that I can probably go get from a junkyard)

It says that #22230-73010 has been REPLACED by #22230-73011... Does this mean I can use 73010 in 73011 applications? My concern is the 2.0 Vs 2.2 L engines, but maybe it's pretty much just the same valve? I don't really want to pull my manifold if it won't fit

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 9.17.31 AM.jpg
Views: 2528
Size:  13.9 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 9.17.37 AM.jpg
Views: 2616
Size:  12.8 KB

Links if that his helpful:
    73010: https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/...0=YR22LG-MDEA)
    73011: https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/...230-73011.html

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

If one replaces the other then I'd have to say either one would work. I have been looking for one of these for a while with zero success. At one time there were at least 2 or 3 aftermarket manufacturers that made these, but none of those are out there any more either. If you find a source, please post as I'd be willing to pay up to $300 for a new one. Tim

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    1986 LE

I believe Nissan makes it. There are many version but all look the same. Just make sure the mount is like ours. Rock Auto has some of these you may want to check out

MT

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

I don't think Rock Auto has these (at least not one made to fit the van). They used to, but now under that title they only show Idle-up Diaphragms. If anybody finds one that is compatible and will interchange (without reinventing the wheel), please post a link. Thank you. Tim

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 toyota van le

RUSTED PIECE UNDER CAR

OK thank you for all the help so far. i just looked under the car and saw this that freaked me out. what is the name of this part
    and what's my issue here? what should i do? call it quits on the car or is it and ok fix? the car turns on and sound good so far and drives well.

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE auto dual range t-case (the mistress) 1988 4WD LE auto(the donut van)

I don't know an exact name for that part but it is definitely cause for concern. It is a structural crossmember crucial to the strength and integrity of the rear suspension. Also, in the upper left of the picture it appears one of the floor crossmembers has rusted through as well. These are unibody vehicles and every component is important to the strength and safety of the overall structure. Anything is repairable if you are willing to spend the time and/or money to male it happen. I would definitely have someone qualified take a look at that if it's outside of your comfort or skills.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 toyota van le

thanks for the response thats what i figured to if anyone knows the name please let me know so i an look for the part

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 toyota van le

I believe this is how it should look like. it probably part of the axel assembly but just want to find name im searching and searching. so ican get a guessistmate on price and see if a junk yard might have it

My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota Van LE 4x4 5spd, on 30x9.50R15s, boosted to 16PSI

That's funny, that screenshot is from my van. I'm glad the video has been useful.

Anyhow, there really isn't a name, or a "part" that can be purchased. That is a structural (welded in) part of the unibody used to attached the upper 4 link arms.

To fix it, a fabricator would need to cut out the old piece, fabricate a replacement, and weld it in.

I'm guessing if that has rusted that bad it may not be something that can be repaired easily. I say that because where the fabricator would attach a fabricated 4 link mount would need to be structurally sound and rust free for welding

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 toyota van le

yeah i saw your video and grab that shot lol. thank you. im looking all online and i totally understand what your saying. im still fixing other things in the car with my son brakes, rims, rotors. i do want to fix this. its all aslow process. i got under to see the the rust and yeah its pretty rusted i can still crab some metal pieces from end to end. i think welding would be possible. i would have to my mechanic to get some idea. i think everyone thinks im crazy but i dont want to give up on the car. any other pointers or ideas would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by VanCo View Post
    That's funny, that screenshot is from my van. I'm glad the video has been useful.

Anyhow, there really isn't a name, or a "part" that can be purchased. That is a structural (welded in) part of the unibody used to attached the upper 4 link arms.

To fix it, a fabricator would need to cut out the old piece, fabricate a replacement, and weld it in.

I'm guessing if that has rusted that bad it may not be something that can be repaired easily. I say that because where the fabricator would attach a fabricated 4 link mount would need to be structurally sound and rust free for welding

My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota Van LE 4x4 5spd, on 30x9.50R15s, boosted to 16PSI

I don't think you're crazy. I have about $10k in engine, turbo and overlanding gear on one of mine, and yet you can put your finger through most of the body panels. Wait, maybe we're both crazy?