Thread: 1988 4x4 Cargo 5-speed. Boise, Idaho $5500

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    87 VW Vanagon Syncro

1988 4x4 Cargo 5-speed. Boise, Idaho $5500

I have this listed locally on CL. Was trying to finish the interior, but winter is here and I need to reduce my project load. Comes with carpet and panels. No cracks in dash. Brand new heater blower. Fixed the fuel sender so gas gauge works! Durango front shocks. New clutch, tires, muffler, alginment. Rear bumper in good condition (new skin) not installed yet. Foldable rear seats make for bed in the back. Drives great. One small dent in lower left you can see in photo. Nice paint except for the typical nose rock chips. No rust other than typical rear hatch issue, very very solid. Love it, but time to go!
    https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/1...765034027.html

front.jpg
    back.jpg
    load.jpg

My Van(s):
    1988 Toyota Liteace

Re: 1988 4x4 Cargo 5-speed. Boise, Idaho $5500

I'm interested. Is it still available? Any interior pics?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    87 VW Vanagon Syncro

Quote Originally Posted by SeanGone View Post
    I'm interested. Is it still available? Any interior pics?
    Here you go - see the link below. I've got nice black carpet I ordered for the back. Plus some pretty cool black headliner. I was going to get to that once spring came around. I've got the new wood in the floor, after fully scouring the van. The middle seat is not shown, but is included and completes the full bed. Dash is not cracked, pretty nice. Shifter console is out because it does have a crack on the side I was going to fix. I got the rear bumper installed and looks good. Added the wood door panels on the front doors and the back hatch. I have one more wood panel started for the slider, but have not acquired any more wood from the Home Depot. Front seats are comfortable, with no major tears, but pretty faded, so they look better with covers on them. Let me know if you want any other pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9w5ggRLm6F2sNtt97

My Van(s):
    1988 Toyota Liteace

How many miles are on it? Does it burn/leak oil much? What is the title status?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    87 VW Vanagon Syncro

Quote Originally Posted by SeanGone View Post
    How many miles are on it? Does it burn/leak oil much? What is the title status?
    Clear title.

This van has 345k on it, but was well maintained and I have all the original records. I have taken it on several road trips and feels like it has the horsepower - I was passing my buddy's westfalia with a fresh engine on the uphills. It idles a little rough, and I have determined that it probably has some blowby on the rings. Smooth as butter when not at idle. The transmission shifts well, although not quickly through second gear. Never grinds, linkage/cables are smooth. Clutch is new by the PO. Brakes excellent. No rust.

No oil leaks, doesn't burn oil. I can snap some vid this weekend.

Herb
    Last edited by Fiftythree; 03-01-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    87 VW Vanagon Syncro

I put together a test drive video.
    https://youtu.be/fWA8QfYd7Cs