Thread: Fuse # 5 Dome Is good. Clock is known good but clock does not function

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    (2) 1989 2WD LE VAN Wagons

Fuse # 5 Dome Is good. Clock is known good but clock does not function

Is there any other fuse that would support the digital clock's power besides Dome Fuse #5? The clock is a known good removed from other van) All items on Dome Fuse #5 work except the clock.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    (2) 1989 2WD LE VAN Wagons

Re: Fuse # 5 Dome Is good. Clock is known good but clock does not function

Quote Originally Posted by JPERL View Post
    Is there any other fuse that would support the digital clock's power besides Dome Fuse #5? The clock is a known good removed from other van) All items on Dome Fuse #5 work except the clock.

FYI if the cigarette light Fuse #7 is blown Digital clock will not work but its not documented in the owners manual

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

The clock has 2 power inputs. The dome circuit provides power for memory, the cigarette lighter fuse powers up the display and is switched by the ignition. Both need power for the clock to function. Perhaps Toyota thought this information was a bit too comprehensive for the owner's manual. It is however outlined in the Factory Service Manual. Tim

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 Toyota van LE

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    The clock has 2 power inputs. The dome circuit provides power for memory, the cigarette lighter fuse powers up the display and is switched by the ignition. Both need power for the clock to function. Perhaps Toyota thought this information was a bit too comprehensive for the owner's manual. It is however outlined in the Factory Service Manual. Tim
    roflroflroflrofl! I was just pumping up my tires with a 9 volt compressor and I accidentally pulled out the cord from the plug. Must've shorted because I no longer have power in the 9v outlets and no dash clock. Thing is, both the dome and charge fuses are good! Any idea? :(

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 Toyota van LE

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    roflroflroflrofl! I was just pumping up my tires with a 9 volt compressor and I accidentally pulled out the cord from the plug. Must've shorted because I no longer have power in the 9v outlets and no dash clock. Thing is, both the dome and charge fuses are good! Any idea? :(
    Nevermind! Just re read that its the cig fuse not the charge fuse! Hopefully that's the problem.