Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Parting out 4x4 TV

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Re: Parting out 4x4 TV

Wow some people can’t appreciate yard art!! You’ve done a great job dismantling that van, can’t wait to see engine and tranny pictures if you have the time to pull them out now that your on a time constraint!!

JDM

My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota Silver Cargo Van.

I really despise people being anonymous cops like that. They just don't understand that we are dealing in semi precious and rare parts!
    Anyone that has seen parts disappear at this rate would know that this is a work in progress and the van would disappear soon.
    I didn't know I was such an angular Van guy... Proud driver of 80s Toyota Vans since 1995.
    My happy place: SpaceEgg: A Silver 4Y 1986 Cargo Van.
    Past vans: 1987 4Y White Cargo, 1985 3Y 2-tone Copper LE Passenger, 1986 4Y White Cargo.

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

It's definitely frustrating and IMO a little cowardly to go about it this way. Whenever I've had an issue or disagreement with a neighbor, I've always tried to address the matter with them directly first and only call the police as a last resort.

Anyways, I racked my brain over this problem for the better part of the weekend and over-complicated things, as I typically do. My first plan was to chop the body of the van until it was only about 2 feet tall (I still plan on doing this at some point), removing a portion of my side wall, moving it into a corner of the backyard, and mothballing it until I was ready to come back to it. I came up with similarly complicated ideas until I remembered I have AAA and a spare bay in my garage . I figured a truck with a stinger can pick up the front end, and simply back it into the garage much easier than I ever could since it has 2 flats and no longer steers.

I'll post one more update and then probably ask the mods to lock the thread since it's served it's purpose and everything left on the van is stuff I plan on keeping, at least for now. I do still have a grip of parts that no one has asked for but I feel are still worth something to someone, so I'll post another thread with just those parts.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1985 Toyota Van Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by AD2101 View Post
    SOLD:
    - Parking brake cables x3
    - Gas door
    - Rear mud flap (driver's side)
    - Radiator
    - OK Monitor
    - Sliding door handle

Do you still have passenger side rear glass? Looking for the one that goes next to rear third row bench behind the sliding door

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

Quote Originally Posted by OliGT90 View Post
    Do you still have passenger side rear glass? Looking for the one that goes next to rear third row bench behind the sliding door
    Unfortunately, neither of the rear quarter panel panes of glass were good on this van Good luck in your search.

- AD

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

I’m looking for front and rear drive shaft bolts, if you happen to remove that tranny and disconnect the drive shafts, if you don’t have use for the bolts and they are in good condition I could use those. Let me know if they’ll be available.

Thank you

JDM

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Toyota townacd

Re: PARTING OUT: 1987 4x4 TV (Automatic LE)

G,day mate from the land down under.
    I have been searching for the door moulding off the sliding door, dont care about the colour or that it is the wrong side of the car. If you can send to australia, i would like to know how much (incl postage).
    thanks mate,

Ken

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    88 cargo van silver .. the buggy 87 4WD standard passenger burgundy 88 2WD automatic passenger "Ellie" obviously 87 4WD cargo blue jaymoble

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    How much would it cost to ship the rearmost driver side window? Also need the silver driver side body trim and the driver side headlight plastic (the piece to the left of the headlight.) Also outside sliding door and rear hatch handles but I know that's a goose chase.

Thanks so much!
    I have a driver side third row glass and I am in vancouver if you still need it

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 Toyota van LE

Quote Originally Posted by toits View Post
    I have a driver side third row glass and I am in vancouver if you still need it
    Whoa awesome! I'll PM you!

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by JDM VANMAN View Post
    I’m looking for front and rear drive shaft bolts, if you happen to remove that tranny and disconnect the drive shafts, if you don’t have use for the bolts and they are in good condition I could use those. Let me know if they’ll be available.
    I have 'em, I'll let you know when I pull the shafts (giggidy) and will make sure to hold onto the bolts for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenken View Post
    G,day mate from the land down under.
    I have been searching for the door moulding off the sliding door, dont care about the colour or that it is the wrong side of the car.
    Sorry, the door molding was gross and got tossed a while ago :(

My Van(s):

Hey everyone!

With the city on my a** and running out of time, I opted for the most expensive tow-per-foot to get this thing into the garage. I still plan on pulling the engine, transmission and rear axle shafts sometime this summer but otherwise, consider this part out completed! I was proud of how we did at the conclusion on my last part out but you guys really showed up this time around and we picked this thing CLEAN, there's literally nothing left aside from the aforementioned parts I'm going to keep.

I would like to say thank you to Tim, Gwen, and JDM for this community and allowing me a platform to sell these parts, and I would especially like to say thank you to each member here who showed interest and/or bought parts from me. In addition to the PMs here, I got to talk to a lot of you guys via email, text, and phone and it's been an overwhelmingly positive experience talking about vans and things beyond that. I hope everyone is pleased with the parts they bought, pieces from this van went to well over a dozen different members so it's death will hopefully contribute to those vans staying on the road for years to come.

I was able to snag some other parts off of this van that I'll put up for sale, but I'll make a new thread with pictures of just those parts to (hopefully) minimize the confusion since I'm no longer pulling parts per request off of this van.

Here is the van in it's new home where it'll hang out for a couple months before I get around to picking the rest of it. A lot of hours went into this, and I'm honestly exhausted. It's been real but mods, it's time to lock her up!

- Perry

IMG_20190505_172253223.jpg