I wasn't sure just where to post this, but, I figured it was a general enough question to go here.
My family (wife and 3 year old son) are moving from Philly to Maine in April. Last year we stripped down our belongings and crammed everything that we couldn't part with in our 87 LE 4WD and drove all the way from Portland Oregon. Great trip!
Anyway we have more stuff now and because the move is much closer, we don't feel the need to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I looked in to renting another vehicle for the trip but the cost seems way too high.
I've got a hitch. I need to check on the class size and I think the wiring is wonky (I'll have it fixed) but I was wondering if I'm going to kill my van by towing a small trailer.
We'll have the van packed to the gills and I think MAYBE the smallest little UHAUL trailer might work. Has anyone done this before? The drive from Philly to midcoast Maine is pretty easy, no huge mountains, I don't mind going 60, it'll take more like 10 hours but that s fine.
My van is in awesome shape and only 150K, but I don't want to abuse it by towing just to save a few bucks! But if I hear some positive feedback I'd look in to it.
Oh, I have an auto tranny, that probably doesn't help!
thanks
mark