Thread: 1987 toyota seat/hood heat mat

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 toyota van le

1987 toyota seat/hood heat mat

good morning everyone. im new to this forum. i just got an 87 toy van and looking to fix some things with my son. we are cleaning the engine, just
    cleaning out leaves and things like that but the bottom of the seat/hood is all falling apart. does anyone know where i could get new insulation or whatever that would be called? or what i could use to replace it. thanks for your help!

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Re: 1987 toyota seat/hood heat mat

I used a product called Dynamat,(the thickest one). There are literally dozen's of brands but whichever you choose, stay away from Home Depot type of roofing materials. Asphalt based materials out-gas, you don't want to breathe that! While you are at it, you may want to do the passenger side too, if you haven't done it yet, do a search on how to open the engine bay passenger side.
    BTW, welcome to TVT
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 toyota van le

Re: 1987 toyota seat/hood heat mat

nice i'll check it out thank you!!