Thread: Compatible Parts for 1990 Toyota Hiace Import

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1990 Hiace

Compatible Parts for 1990 Toyota Hiace Import

Hello y’all, I recently bought a 1990 Toyota Hiace import. This is the 2wd gas model. I was told in the other threads to ask here because y’all might know more about imports. Anywho, I’m wondering if there are any other vehicles with the same engine/parts as my van. Specifically I’m looking for the alternator. My engine is the 2RZE 2.4l.

Any help is greatly appreciated thank you guys!!

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1988 MasterAce Surf

Re: Compatible Parts for 1990 Toyota Hiace Import

Most likely, you could use the 1989 model year when you go to a parts store or online site, such as RockAuto. Brake and suspension parts seem the to be same across the board for these vans. Diesel engine parts, I use the 1986 Toyota Camry, which was offered with the diesel engine. Best thing to do, pull the driver seat pan and try to get a part number off the alternator.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1990 Hiace

Quote Originally Posted by bikeregg View Post
    Most likely, you could use the 1989 model year when you go to a parts store or online site, such as RockAuto. Brake and suspension parts seem the to be same across the board for these vans. Diesel engine parts, I use the 1986 Toyota Camry, which was offered with the diesel engine. Best thing to do, pull the driver seat pan and try to get a part number off the alternator.

Okay thank you so much!!

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    89 Townace 2CT 4wd 88 Vanwagon Auto 4WD

The RZ was used in the Tacoma over here in the 2rz and 3rz. The best bet would be to find a alternator/starter rebuild shop and have them do it if you can not source one. Sometimes places like Rockauto will have the right part.