Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PARTING OUT: 1986 DX Van

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 Toyota van wagon 4wd

Re: PARTING OUT: 1986 DX Van

hi i was wondering if you had the last piece to my puzzle...a rack and pinion?
    call or text 5039845632
    email: jacob.nettleton2000@gmail.com

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobnettleton View Post
    hi i was wondering if you had the last piece to my puzzle...a rack and pinion?
    Unfortunately not in salvageable condition

Good luck in your search,

- AD

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 LE Passenger Automatic

Hello. I am in need of the center console (i.e. "ice maker") lid (mine has 2 cupholders molded into the top of the lid)

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Don't own, currently researching

Would be interested in brakes if drums, wheel cylinders, shoes are in good condition. Thanks

My Van(s):
    1988 4x4 Van Formerly: 1986 Cargo Van Parted Out: 1989 4x4 Van, 1987 4x4 Van, 1986 Van

Quote Originally Posted by jofoxtrot View Post
    Would be interested in brakes if drums, wheel cylinders, shoes are in good condition. Thanks
    Honestly these parts are all still available new through RockAuto at prices I wouldn't be able to compete with. I think that would be better anyways than saving pennies on the dollar on used brake components.

Good luck!

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 4L cargo van

Hello hello - bummer about the tap water.... I'm pretty sure that's what led to all of my coolant system woes too, but we're making progress.

Do you think the throttle body is salvageable if I'm willing to put in the elbow grease/de-rusting work...? Is it super corroded? How about the heater core.... my guess is no but thought I'd check.

I'd also be interested in hearing what the coolant system and radiator look like to you since it sounds like a more advanced decline than what I'm dealing with and I'd love to get ahead of any future corrosion issues I may encounter since these vans have a li'l trouble staying cool in the first place...

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by vondervanfan View Post
    Do you think the throttle body is salvageable if I'm willing to put in the elbow grease/de-rusting work...? Is it super corroded? How about the heater core.... my guess is no but thought I'd check.

I'd also be interested in hearing what the coolant system and radiator look like to you since it sounds like a more advanced decline than what I'm dealing with and I'd love to get ahead of any future corrosion issues I may encounter since these vans have a li'l trouble staying cool in the first place...
    The entire cooling system was compromised, none of it was salvageable and it all got tossed, throttle body included. Good luck in your search.

In other news, the van is off to the afterlife. As before, I've held onto some parts that I know will be requested down the line, but otherwise mods please lock this thread, its a wrap!

Some pictures of the van in it's final, sad state before the scrapper came to put her out of her misery.

Thanks again to Tim and the mods for hosting the site as well as everyone who bought parts and helped out along the way!

- Perry

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Nice job picking the van apart!! Yes the thread will be closed.

One last parts request if it’s still available-

Both rear hatch hinges and bolts look like they’re still there, if you have the time can you please pull them.

Thank you

JDM