Thread: A/C compressor Pulley Seized- Belt Broken

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 JDM Townace Cabin Cruiser

A/C compressor Pulley Seized- Belt Broken

Name:  drivebeltdiagram.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  19.5 KBI had a few fuses blow on the A/C last summer but didn't think too much of it once it cooled down. However I think at least the pulley was going bad and the belt on my AC compressor disappeared. I have no idea where that belt went except that there were some squealing on starts a few mornings that stopped as soon as I got going (I assumed it was the swing in temps from 100+ to 40's in just two weeks). Now that it's 100+ I was checking why my A/C isn't working it's gone. Am I also now driving without power steering? It doesn't seem that different. I am following the FR diagram which I think means that I definitely am.

I can still turn the inner part on the compressor but not the outside where the belt would run. I'm getting the magnetic clutch to engage (i think i tested this right) by bypassing at the relay next to the fuse box and directly connecting 1 and 4.. I can hear a click. But still the pulley won't turn.

Is there anything I can do or is it better to just replace the clutch and the compressor? The pulley does look rusty I guess, but this van doesn't have much rust elsewhere.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 JDM Townace Cabin Cruiser

Re: A/C compressor Pulley Seized- Belt Broken

Realizing that my pdf of a picture of a copy of a copy of the manual isn’t that clear and there are two belts, so strike my power steering question.. the clutch question remains.