Thread: 2C Timing Belt replacement

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    LiteAce '94

2C Timing Belt replacement

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I found this site is full of information on Toyota vans.

I recently bought '94 Liteace JDM camper van with 30k miles on the clock. I am replacing all possible maintenance parts (i.e. belts, fluids, etc) as much as possible since it's from Japan and has no service history.

When it comes to timing belt, my mechanic asked me to get 'belt tensioner'. Catalog says the belt is #13568-69066 but no mention of tensioner. He is not familiar with JDM cars so he may be referring to general parts needed for replacing timing belts. I am mechanically challenged so I have no clue either.

Could anyone point me to any threads discussing timing belt replacement for 2C engine and tell me what other parts do I need to replace while working on the timing belt?

Many thanks in advance.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 Toyota LiteAce 4x4 diesel JDM

Re: 2C Timing Belt replacement

Get yourself intimately familiar with the parts diagrams that you can find at Megazip.net. It will give you the exploded parts diagram and the appropriate Toyota parts number.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    Vandi -'93 LiteAce 2CT, Auto, 4wd, Skylite!

welcome to the group.

the manual is somewhere on this site I downloaded and used it greatly when doing my TB.

thread is here
    https://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/...ng-belt-change

I only did the belt not the tensioner. the tensioner is just a spring to keep pressure on the belt.

the diesel forum only has 6 pages of threads. thumb through all of them and get familiar with the van. Your mechanic will not unless you got deep pockets.
    I was a member for 2 years before I bought my van.
    Vandi-

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Check out this link-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tensioner...EAAOSwaQtctGOU

Call or email you chassis code to make sure it’s the correct part and maybe they’ll also have a few other parts your looking for... make a list and check it twice and make a inquiry.

Good luck

JDM