Thread: No ground wire for fuel pump ?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 Previa LE All-Track 1984 Toyota Van LE

No ground wire for fuel pump ?

So I bought this 91 previa with 176k, would not start.Was not getting fuel... traced it to fuel pump. Dropped the tank and took out the fuel pump and saw the problem - The wire has broken off the fuel pump see the pics.
    So question to all the pros on here. Should I solder it back on ? Is there a better/recommended way to do this? The other question is there is no wire going to the negative side of the fuel pump.. is there supposed to be one ?

I'm trying to figure out rest of the puzzle -
    There is a little wire that goes to the bottom - I assume that's when your reserve light comes on.
    And the last one - there is a little nub on top of the assembly on the outside with a wire going to it. Cant figure out what in the hell that is or the purpose.... is that the ground ?

I'm thoroughly confused, any help would be appreciated.

Luke

IMG_20200825_090147.jpgIMG_20200825_084406.jpgIMG_20200825_090017.jpg

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 Previa LE All-Track 1984 Toyota Van LE

Re: No ground wire for fuel pump ?

Update on my issue -
    Since I didnt get any response I took it under my my engineering skills.
    I think it turned out ok. So I found out there was a ground wire attached to the middle of the assembly which fell off. Attaching few pics of my creation. Used stainless steel bolts with lock washers and also gas resistant wire. The Connectors are just regular ones - that's my only worry but I guess we will see how it holds up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6JZ79vic3Z79TPGV9