Thread: Can anyone please tell me correct voltage on RSO pin on ISC valve while cold

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Toyota Previa 91 AWD Auto (now dead) Toyota Previa 92 AWD Manual 408K as of 8-13-22

Bad ground causing ISC to not work correctly?

So my ISC isn't working correctly but I'm guessing since there's no ECU error codes, the volatge reading for the RSO pin is only initially 9V for a second, I'm guessing it must be a bad ground, or would the computer show an error for that? My left rear tail light did get so hot it melted thru the housing awhile back. I'm wondering if there's a ground somewhere on the vehicle other than where the ECU is bolted down and the other at the battery.

I'm wondering if anyone with a Previa can unplug their Idle Speed Control electrical connection, turn the ignition to the on position (no need to start), and take a quick voltage reading while the engine is cold on the RSO pin (Lowest) to B+ pin (Center)? I had to use a small paperclip and the RSC pin (Top) was reading around 12V, so I'm guessing this one should be a bit more since it needs more voltage to open when the engine is cold. I think I might have a bad ground since I'm only getting an intermittent 9V reading for a second, then it goes away.
    Last edited by nobrush; 10-30-2022 at 10:37 PM.