Thread: Electric Window Parts

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 4x4 LE- Manual 5 spd

Electric Window Parts

Hi Everyone,
    I made the switch from electric windows to crank and so I have the door panels, switches (1 passenger side and 2 drivers side masters), and the regulator/motor assemblies available. Let me know if you need all/one of those parts.

Background: my electric windows stopped working and I could not debug it. I tried cleaning the master switch and even getting a used one that was tested as working, but the replacement one did not fix it.
    At the end of the day I think the problem was a broken wire inside the insulation somewhere, and I think that because the windows/locks were working intermittently before it went out completely and if I fidgeted around with the master switch (literally pulling it out of the panel while hooked up, engaging a switch, and moving it to and fro) I could get the power to flow depending on the how I moved the switch.

I've been having troubles posting pics so PM me and I can send photos via e-mail.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1988 4WD LE 5 spd mnl

Re: Electric Window Parts

Kinger - how was making the swap? Straight forward with the appropriate donor parts?

Van Fan
    My Van(s):

It was very straightforward- didn't take long at all. The tricky part in my case was with my passenger side window. My passenger side window had some alignment/sticking issues in the channel when rolling up with the power windows and now with the manual set up it is worse.

But being the complacent, lazy-ass I am, I'm willing to live with it as long as I can still get it to roll all the way up and down, which is still the case. If one had no issues prior to making the switch, then I would imagine it would be that much easier.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Van Fan
    My Van(s):

Good call, Tim. I'll try this out and report back on results.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1990 Hiace Super Custom 4WD diesel

If they're still available Saturday, I'll be up there and can see what is compatible with mine.
    Gonna have the A/C inspected at my friends shop and see if it's just seals and a recharge.
    Was 104* in my driveway today.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):

I'm actually headed out of town to the Bay area on Friday so I won't be around. Let me try to get pics up on this thread so everyone can see what is being offered.

Van Enthusiast blakebecker37130's Avatar
    My Van(s):
    96 Previa Alltrac SC LE

Quote Originally Posted by kinger View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I made the switch from electric windows to crank and so I have the door panels, switches (1 passenger side and 2 drivers side masters), and the regulator/motor assemblies available. Let me know if you need all/one of those parts.

Background: my electric windows stopped working and I could not debug it. I tried cleaning the master switch and even getting a used one that was tested as working, but the replacement one did not fix it.
    At the end of the day I think the problem was a broken wire inside the insulation somewhere, and I think that because the windows/locks were working intermittently before it went out completely and if I fidgeted around with the master switch (literally pulling it out of the panel while hooked up, engaging a switch, and moving it to and fro) I could get the power to flow depending on the how I moved the switch.

I've been having troubles posting pics so PM me and I can send photos via e-mail.
    If you currently have the switch assemblies for both doors, I am interested. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Blake

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    '87 4-WD 5speed window van wagon

hi,

i'm in need of passenger side (P/S) power window regulator for '86-'89 toyota van. not the motor but the skeletal assembly that holds and guides the window up and down.

i know this post is three-plus years old but any response would be appreciated.

thanks