Thread: 1989 4x4 LE Camper in Ashland, Oregon / Parts van?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 4WD Automatic 2.2L

1989 4x4 LE Camper in Ashland, Oregon / Parts van?

Trying to recoup my loss here. I just bought this van for 2,350 and had the head done for 2250, and now IÂ’m told thereÂ’s a crack in the cylinder sleeve. It runs exactly like it did over 2,000 dollars ago. (Second time IÂ’ve been to a mechanic in 10 years, just my luck...)

IÂ’ve put over $5,500 dollars total into it in just the last month. I canÂ’t afford a new engine for the thing, so IÂ’m hoping someone will be interested in taking whatÂ’s left of it off my hands. IÂ’m living out of my vehicle (a short bus, not this) and I was hoping to transition into housing, so I could sell my bus and be a real human for once. Sigh... not this year, apparently. IÂ’m pretty heartbroken about this and IÂ’m in a bad spot so please be reasonable with any offers.

It does run, for what it’s worth. Just poorly. It’s controlling temperature as well—I don’t know if it’ll make it up over the mountains on its own but it’s certainly possible that it could be limped.

It’s honestly in pretty poor condition on the inside and out. Nothing catastrophic but little bits and bobs are annoyingly quirky—cup holders pop out and seatbelts latch in backwards for instance. I don’t know enough about these things to answer many questions but I can certainly try for an interested buyer. If you have ANY INTEREST at all, please contact me and let’s talk. Text is best (to start with, my phone just doesn’t like new numbers, but I’m happy to take phone calls once we’re ready.)

sevenZEROtwo5.2.6.twoFIVEzeroSEVEN

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 4WD Automatic 2.2L

Re: 1989 4x4 LE Camper in Ashland, Oregon / Parts van?

Gah I forgot pictures!

https://imgur.com/gallery/PLUJWny

Van Obsessed
    My Van(s):
    88 4WD DLX 5spd

Re: 1989 4x4 LE Camper in Ashland, Oregon / Parts van?

Might be worth getting a 2nd opinion on the terminal diagnosis.

I say that simply because the cylinders are not "sleeved" as quoted and Toyota blocks are not known for cracking.

BB