Thread: Rough running/Stuck lifter?

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota van

Rough running/Stuck lifter?

Hey Peeps, Long time since I have posted. So my van was sitting for a good year, it got started occasionally, but the last time it sat for 5 months in the garage. I started it up and it is rough running and sounds like a Diesel and has a loss of power. I have since driven it about 300 miles hoping that it might clear up, and one day I started it and It was running like normal, parked it went shopping and came out and it was running like crap again.

Things I have done.

Ran seafoam and good gas through it
    It has a check engine light with codes 7 and 11.
    I have pulled each spark plug wire and when I pull the third cylinder from the front nothing happens
    Co mpression check shows like 40-100psi (though it is old and could broken, but I also couldn't get the end screwed in tightly)
    I am assume that I have a stuck lifter, because I have spark. though the plugs are worn.

I am have new plugs and a Tps and plan to clean the throttle body also.

Any help is appriciated. I would also like to state that i spent hours on this forum searching for any help and didnt find anything other that a lifter is stuck. any guidance on what i should do?

Thanks,
    Jesse

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota van

Re: Rough running/Stuck lifter?

Well, I decided to just change the plugs even though the cylinder not firing had good spark. When I changed them noticed that the plug not firing had a larger gap. So I guess when the plug was installed and under compression it would not spark. Figured I would report back as a reminder if the plugs look worn just change them.