Thread: 4wd vsv replacement?

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1989 townace 4x4 turbo diesel

4wd vsv replacement?

Went to use my 4wd today and turns out the the little plastic nipple on the vsv had broken off. I managed to get myself unstuck and home. I looked around for this part but had trouble finding it. Is that hard to source? If so does anyone know if something else will work? Seems like a fairly generic part that could probably be swapped with something similar.

If I understand it right, voltage is applied and it connects the vacuum lines instead of just venting to atmosphere?

A part number would be great if someone has one or a replacement suggestion.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    Vandi -'93 LiteAce 2CT, Auto, 4wd, Skylite!

Re: 4wd vsv replacement?

did you already search here?

https://toyota-general.epc-data.com/

Or I can check mine, where is it located? post a pic?
    I was a member for 2 years before I bought my van.
    Vandi-

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

I had a look at that site and can see the part in a couple different charts, but didnt' see a part number. It showed hoses going to it, but then it wasn't labeled? Maybe I just didn't find the right chart and it would show up on there.

I went to take a picture and noticed it has some numbers on it, but it was hard to make them out, I'll have to go back and try to clean it up and see if I can get some info. Here is a pic though.

Note the broken off nipple on the line my thumb is holding. I think the electrical connector needs to be replaced too..

20210118_144746.jpg

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    86 2wd auto LE 87 4wd 5spd

Dang , I got a handful of those ....IS that an oil cooler I see in there ?

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

If you're referring to the silver-ish can under the intake hose, that's my fuel filter (its a diesel). Oil cooler is on the other side of the engine, right by the turbo that probably helps keep that oil nice and cool!

So you have a hand-full of those valves? Interested in parting with one?

Seems like something like this ( toyota part# 25860-74050 2586074050) could be used? unless it works backwards and vents to the outside when voltage is applied instead of connecting the vacuum tubes. The generic version of that part was $20, maybe worth a try for that price and just return it if the valve runs backwards