Thread: radiator

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

radiator

any recommendations for quality radiator that doesn't cost 400 bucks? I mean ones that you've used, hopefully?

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1992 Previa AT LE

Re: radiator

I replaced mine (for a '92 AT) in 2007 with a "Modine" radiator* from NAPA @ $249.

I see a Denso DEN 2213132 listed on their website for $190; I would imagine that's good.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/DEO2...Input=radiator

*Modine apparently doesn't make them anymore according to this discussion
    https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/th...iators.248418/
    (where they also say stay away from the cheap stuff - big surprise there)
    "If you find yourself holding a sledgehammer or a crowbar, it's time for a break."

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

Unfortunately the late models (mine is 97) seem to use a different radiator, and there doesn't seem to be a Denso for it. The original Toyota may be a Denso, but they are over 400 bucks.

Hopefully i won't need it. I'm just doing some pre-search in case they say I need a new one when they replace my engine with a JDM this week.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1992 Previa AT LE

I'd check with NAPA if one's around and see what they might have. They'll probably know who they get it from so you could check out the manufacturer if need be. I know the local Toyota service guys go there for aftermarket brake calipers (at least in older models). I had some issues with the last ones I got from there (never hadbefore), but took care of the return right at the counter rather than having to mail something back, and they seemed to know about recent issues at the remanufacturer in Mexico. I still buy Toyota for a lot of essential parts, but wouldn't bother for a radiator.
    "If you find yourself holding a sledgehammer or a crowbar, it's time for a break."

Van Addict
    My Van(s):

All NAPA lists is an APDI radiator for 350 $mackers. Fortunately they don't have any in stock, or at any of their warehouses. I'll just hold off until they tell me if I need one. They start replacing my engine next week.

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

I took mine in for recore since they’re one of a kind and NLA. There was no other option for me cause I wanted Direct Fitment.

https://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/...5838#post45838

JDM

Van Addict
    My Van(s):

Well that sounded like a good idea, until I checked the cost...OUCH! No way I can afford when I'm already dropping 3 + grand on an engine replacement into a
    3- grand van. But thanks for the idea. I will check my local radiator shop's price next week just to make sure.