Thread: Looking for front coil springs

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1994 Toyota Previa LE 2wd

Looking for front coil springs

Hi! Does anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on new or used front coil springs for a 1994 Previa LE 2WD not supercharged, no sunroof. On that note, is there any of the other models (AWD/ S/Ch. with sunroof) that would work if I found one?

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

Re: Looking for front coil springs

Try car-parts.com for used and megazip.net for new

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Previologist View Post
    Try car-parts.com for used and megazip.net for new
    When I put in my VIN, nothing comes up. It seems there is a difference in springs between all the models.... I've tried places all over the world and when I give the VIN, it says "will not fit vehicle". We're thinking of trying other previa springs in it to see if they fit. Start with used ones and see where it goes from there. I'm also on the lookout now for a parts van. But even those are getting hard to come by where I am.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

I searched by year and trim when I saw some but don't have time to do it again at the moment. I do know there are aftermarket ones that will work on the rear, so there must be some for the front too. You tried car-parts.com too?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):

I've tried every car part store online. From the US to Latvia to Dubai.... I find some front springs when I put in the model , year, and trim, but the companies say to confirm with a VIN and when I do that, it says it won't fit. I talked to a toyota tech in one of the online stores, and he said there are different strength springs for Previa's with a sunroof ... and those seem to be the only ones available. We're making the current ones work for now, and I'll keep looking or we'll do a workaround with different springs.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    1992 Previa AT LE

Maybe contact a company that specializes in springs, like https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/ and see if you an get any further insight/leads into what might work? (Especially if they have some kind of database handy that has the specs for what you're looking for). Yes, I know - I suspect custom-made would be $$$, but it probably doesn't hurt to ask. BTW looked through the archive of the Yahoo Previa Group I have and didn't seem anyone had a source other than OEM at the time.
    "If you find yourself holding a sledgehammer or a crowbar, it's time for a break."

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1992 Toyota Previa LE

I bought some KYB front coil springs for my 1992 Previa LE 2WD off of eBay. It was about $150 shipped from the UK. Although, since then I think the prices have gone up.

The model numbers: KYB RD2485 (right side) and KYB RD2486 (left side)