Thread: Optimal Tire Size for Best Performance & Ride

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1986 LE

Optimal Tire Size for Best Performance & Ride

I'm replacing the tires on my '86 LE. I'm looking for the tire size that will give me the best combination of performance & ride on the star styled 14" optional wheels. The OEM was 185/75/14. Of the existing tires and spare, there are a variety of size combinations. I have 195/70/14, 205/75/14 215/70/14. I realize that road conditions will vary and thereby affect ride quality. I looking for input from users who have replaced their tires and what their results were.

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Re: Optimal Tire Size for Best Performance & Ride

There are quite a few threads covering tires, tire size, OEM wheels, aftermarket wheels. So the best thing to do is type in the "search feature" Tire Size and see what comes up. You can then scroll thru the various threads and see which one pertains to your specific inquiry and post in that thread, this will notify other members that have posted and you'll get a quicker reply and you'll also help add more updated information to that thread. You'll find some threads that sometimes are deadend threads cause no one has replied to them but you also go on a journey reading all sorts of information that you may encounter while you own your van.

If you find the particular thread your looking for then let us know to close this one so it doesn't become a deadend thread.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

JDM