Thread: hood protectors and deflectors

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

hood protectors and deflectors

Does anyone use one or have any suggestions on where to get or how to make one? The only ones I can find currently available are LeBra which are more of a one piece bathing suit than a hood bra. I've seen much more attractive ones but can't find any. I'm mostly looking to cover up existing damage but also curious if deflectors work. It might be pretty simple to make a hood cover. They also make a clear vinyl film but that won't hide existing pock holes.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    1993 Previa 2WD

Re: hood protectors and deflectors

Airplex in New Zealand makes them... I have one on my van since new.... they don't have any North American dealers any more, so you'll need to find an aussie or kiwi to help you

I just got their headlight protectors in, since the xpel headlight film has finally peeled off..... they just snap on over the headlights... they weren't cheap after shipping... costed me more than 200 bucks

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

Ah, thanks. That led me on a search to oz, which led me to these in Europe
    https://deflectors.eu/en/product/hoo...ina/?wcmlc=USD

which led me back to the USA https://www.carid.com/1997-toyota-pr...-35069558.html

which led me to the place that makes them... https://gtsstyling.com/product/toyot...buggard-smoke/ and they are having a 15% off deal! Under 70 bucks shipped.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):

They have a 20OFF coupon right now too. I ordered the deflector for 61.47 shipped. Still a lot for a piece of plastic but probably the best deal I'll ever see again.

This is a 93 for sale on Craigslist, which presumably has a LeBra on it. What I'd really like is just the hood covering part. It looks like its a separate piece from the rest, but I'd hate to have to buy the whole thing just for that little hood cover...I don't care for the rest of it much at all.

Also theleBra_on_a_1993.jpg

Van Addict
    My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Previologist View Post
    They have a 20OFF coupon right now too. I ordered the deflector for 61.47 shipped. Still a lot for a piece of plastic but probably the best deal I'll ever see again. [/ATTACH]
    Prescient, that. I really liked it too, while it lasted. One day it fell off when I shut the hood, shattering into many pieces.

Now they want nearly $85, even WITH a discount, and I simply will not pay that much. Dammit.