Thread: 2 1987 4wd Van wagons for sale

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    87 4x4 auto 87 4x4 auto parts van

2 1987 4wd Van wagons for sale

Hello everyone out there in the Toyota van world. It is with a heavy heart that I am selling my 2 Vans. The one van is the driver (clean title and current tabs) the other is strictly a parts van (no title and will need to be towed). I had every intention to drive my van until it could be no longer driven. Alas over the 13 years I have owned and worked on this van, my height, age and injuries (the main reason) have caught up to me and I cannot fit comfortably in the van any more. Thanks to the many posts and how-to on this site, I have rebuilt the engine at 294,000 with oversized pistons, put in a different transmission (184,000K on replacement transmission) with a new detent/kickdown cable along with so many more things done to this van that it would take to much of this post's space.

Please check out my craigslist post to see pictures of the driving and parts van. Also know that I have bins of used and new part that will come along with the sale of these vans. If anyone would like just one or the other, just ask. For a member of this site, I would be willing to work on a price that makes both parties happy.

Please feel free to message me with any questions. Thank you again to such a wonderful website.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/d/seattle-1987-toyota-van-4x4/7335734193.html

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota Van

Re: 2 1987 4wd Van wagons for sale

Hi, I see you're near Seattle! I'm up in Bothell. I've been keeping an eye out for engines for my 1987 4x4 . Sounds like you rebuilt the motor recently. Curious if that'd be a straight swap (auto to manual)? Any problems with the rebuild or running like a dream? I'd be interested in coming down to have a look; my only hesitation is storing 2 extra vans might be difficult atm. Any chance you'll start parting these out?

Thanks,
    Steve

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    87 4x4 auto 87 4x4 auto parts van

Steve, sorry it has taken this long to get back to you. The running van is to be sold as it is. The blue van, which is the parts van, does have an engine but would need to be rebuilt. Most likely with oversized pistons as well. That engine could be sold solo for $400. I know that seems like a lot but the motor is pulled and ready to be either picked up or possibly delivered. The parts van as a whole is $500 with the engine mentioned here. This van would need to be towed and it has no title. It would take a lot of TLC to bring this whole van back from the dead but is possible. Please feel free to email me with any other questions. I also have many other parts if you are looking for something. Just ask and I most likely will have it. I have more pictures of the blue van as well.
    Thanks and enjoy the day. Finally some sun here!
    Jason

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 van wagon 4x4

It's likely too late, but I have to ask: do you still have the parts van and / or parts? I've managed to keep up the drive chain on my van (engine, trans, etc), but everything else is 35 years old. Specifically I need front axle parts, but the rest is waiting in line. Anyway, I'd be interested in the whole van if you have it ... If so, what are you asking price wise?
    If e-mail doesn't connect us, please call Al at 970-482-0672. Or see my post under Old Paint.
    Thanks,
    Al

My Van(s):
    1991 TownAce MRV Pop Top

If you don't hear anything back check out my for sale ad here. You just after half shafts?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 Van Wagon 4WD 5-speed

Zach, not seeing a link here…

My Van(s):
    1991 TownAce MRV Pop Top

Sorry, didn't leave a link. I've got a couple in parts for sale. but I'm parting out the whole rig minus what's required for a manual swap. What exactly are you after?

https://www.toyotavantech.com/forum/...or-dash-peices

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1989 Van Wagon 4WD 5-speed

Thanks, Zack. Looking for an instrument gauge cluster for a 4WD manual, circa 1986-1989, preferably with the clock, but not absolutely necessary.