Thread: 1991 LiteAce DXL (2CT, CM40) sputtering post replacing fuel filter

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Oui'd The People - '91 LiteAce 2CT, 4WD Turbo Diesel

1991 LiteAce DXL (2CT, CM40) sputtering post replacing fuel filter

Howdy friends!
    A few days ago, a friend and I replaced the fuel filter in my LiteAce. We followed instructions in the manual but since then she's been sputtering and having problems starting up. From what I've been reading I think there's air in the fuel line but for the life of me I can't find a fuel filter air plug to crack open and release air while using the hand pump. Could anyone point me in the direction of a thread addressing this or provide some feedback/guidance? Thank you!!

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Toyota townace 1992 CR21 Diesel

Re: 1991 LiteAce DXL (2CT, CM40) sputtering post replacing fuel filter

Hey there, what you could try is just cracking an injector line and turning the key, it won’t start but should bleed air out of the system. When you see diesel come out, retighten the injector line and it should start real nice. If this doesn’t work you must have a leak. Did you change the O ring on the water sensor? Also on my van the O ring on the screw tap at the bottom of the fuel filter went bad and caused me a lot of havoc, problems similar to what your having so might be worth checking as well

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Oui'd The People - '91 LiteAce 2CT, 4WD Turbo Diesel

Re: 1991 LiteAce DXL (2CT, CM40) sputtering post replacing fuel filter

Thanks for the response! A few days later I replaced the O ring on the water sensor and that did the trick!