Thread: valve cover torque

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

valve cover torque

I can't find numbers I trust on the net. Surely one of you has a service manual...

Oh wait come to think of it I have the pdfs from the old Yahoo site. But they can be a pain to find info in so if you have it handy you might beat me to it.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

Re: valve cover torque

69 inch-lb

Yikes.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    91 Previa

Quote Originally Posted by Previologist View Post
    69 inch-lb

Yikes.
    and 43 in-lb for the ignition cord support bolt, and 48 in-lb for the #2 (outer) cover. [p.EM-11 of the 91 FSM]
    Just a nut driver is all that is needed. That lets you feel the torque-up, without needing a torque wrench.
    (You probably don't have a torque wrench that goes that low anyway.)

Van Addict
    My Van(s):

No I certainly don't have an inch-lb torque wrench. Not finding a spec I liked I had tightened them to only a couple ft-lb and had to go loosen and retighten them when i found the correct spec.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):

actually my initial torque was almost spot on, within the limits of my torque wrench