Thread: multiple infarctions

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

multiple infarctions

Geez a few days ago everything was fine, then my clock died. Probably just the bulb, I haven't checked yet. I replaced my valve cover gasket and ran it for a few minutes, then turned it off. When i came back a couple hours later to take it into town, it wouldn't start! Never had that problem except in very high humidity before I changed the distributor cap and o-ring last year, but it acted much like it was flooded. Numerous short bursts on the starter finally ignited it, but I had to be careful on the gas at first or it would act like it was going to die. I ran it for a minute or two, shut it off, started right up. I drove a mile, turned it off and on again, drove about 5 miles and did it again. So that weird problem seems to have cleared itself up but on my way to the 5 mile stop I realized it never shifted into drive, so I had to bring it home and take my 4runner into town.

I got back late so I haven't had time to pull codes or check the tranny fluid but I checked it not long ago.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    97 Previa DX SC AWD...alive! 95 Previa LE SC AWD (RIP) 93 Previa LE AWD (rustbucket w/ no reverse...parts van) 91 Previa LE AWD (RIP)

Re: multiple infarctions

I'm seeing throttle position sensor and coolant temperature as possible culprits for the tranny not shifting into OD. Went to take a spin this am to see how it does and it doesn't start again.

Van Addict
    My Van(s):

P0115 temperature coolant sensor malfunction.

Maybe it didn't reconnect properly after I changed the valve cover gasket. The connector plug isnt in great shape. Maybe i can reach it from below without taking the engine cover off

Van Addict
    My Van(s):

dang. The plug had come off completely, but I was able to get it back on from underneath without having to remove the engine cover again. Seems to be clipped in solid now. That solved both the starting problem and the overdrive problem, and amazingly when I started it up it solved the clock problem too! Then I remembered I changed the cigarette lighter fuse yesterday, so I guess the clock is on the same circuit.