Thread: For Sale - Set of General Grabber ATX 27x8.5r14

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1984 2wd manual

For Sale - Set of General Grabber ATX 27x8.5r14

Hello I have a set of General Grabber tires for sale. Driven less then 50 miles and they will come with the discount tire protection plan that can be transferred to the new owner. Decided to go back to stock tire size. Asking $500. Thanks!

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Re: For Sale - Set of General Grabber ATX 27x8.5r14

Did you have these on your 84' 2WD van, how did they do?

Thank you

JDM

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1984 2wd manual

hey I had lifted the van using the Daystar spacer/torsion bar crank that a lot of people have done. I thought I had cleared them of any rubbing but once I had the van fully loaded for a camping trip that wasn’t the case. I had cut behind the doors but Id have to cut the doors themselves a little bit to get them to clear at least in my case. I bought the van together with my girlfriend and she wasn’t in to cutting more so I’m going to back to stock size for now. If they don’t sell sometime soon, I’ll probably just hang on to them. The tires were great off-road and gave me way more traction and the extra clearance was really nice. It just came down to the rubbing

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Thank you for following up, I think the 84'-85' vans were just a little smaller in the wheel well area and suspension cause the OEM suggested tire size was 185/75R14, 86'-89' 2WD vans were 195/75R14, and 86'-89' 4WD were 205/75R14.

I'm looking to lift both my 4WD vans but unfortunately shipping will exceed the overall price for the set.

Good Luck on the sale

JDM

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    95 townace super extra

Quote Originally Posted by Mhatjakes View Post
    hey I had lifted the van using the Daystar spacer/torsion bar crank that a lot of people have done. I thought I had cleared them of any rubbing but once I had the van fully loaded for a camping trip that wasn’t the case. I had cut behind the doors but Id have to cut the doors themselves a little bit to get them to clear at least in my case. I bought the van together with my girlfriend and she wasn’t in to cutting more so I’m going to back to stock size for now. If they don’t sell sometime soon, I’ll probably just hang on to them. The tires were great off-road and gave me way more traction and the extra clearance was really nice. It just came down to the rubbing
    hey by “Daystar torsion bar crank and spacer” what did you mean by that? I’m new to this and just did a 2.5” lift on my cr31g using a kit from jdmoffroad.com. Is there a way to get a little more using the thing you mentioned? And second is you fit 8.5’s on your van!? I’m trying to find a wheel set right now and am not sure how wide I can go, I thought I was needing to find no wider than 6’s. I hope I was wrong. I’d love to find wider ones!

My Van(s):
    1996 liteace 4wd 2.2l turbo diesel

The daystar/torsion crank would have given you only about 1.5" from my understanding. I also have a CR31G (96 liteace) and am about to try that road, but I would love to know more about your lift kit. As for wheels, the best options are from the suzuki sidekick etc. there is a lot of info on here about this, but the key is the 5X5.5" lug pattern in combo with the huge center bore. I would like to find some alloys from a vitara, they are handsome and lighter(I assume) than the steelies. I have a set of chrome 15" steelies from a tracker, but I like the original 14's fine and I am putting a set of grabbers on those.
    PM me and we can connect about the CR31G - We'd love to see pics of your van as well.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota van

These Still for sale? Shipping to AZ?