Thread: Driveshaft Support Bearing replacement

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    '95 Previa S/C Alltrac

Driveshaft Support Bearing replacement

The carrier bearing on my Previa is *shot* — has about 1in of movement in any direction.

Can someone advise on the process of Driveshaft Support Bearing replacement?

There is a joint / mating surface in the shaft right in front of the bearing with (4) bolts holding it together, and before I start the project I'd love to know what I'm going to find when I disconnect it.
    What all has to be removed in order to slide the old bearing off and the new bearing on?
    And are you supposed to lube it prior to install?

FWIW, After I struck out on finding the part locally (even my long-time import parts depot showed no part number or availability), and wimping out on spending $200 on OEM, I bought Febi part # CB-92490 for $30 and am hoping it's a good solution for myself and others.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1996 Previa

Re: Driveshaft Support Bearing replacement

Call Colorado Driveshaft and talk to David (303-297-2928). We had the same problem in April 2020 and sending it out to Colorado Driveshaft was a preferred alternative, at least for us. They were super quick.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    '95 Previa S/C Alltrac

Interesting. I thought it would be a relatively simple job, since I'm not trying to tackle any U-joints?

I thought you'd disconnect that U-joint mating plate in front of the bearing, remove the rear shaft portion and bearing from the vehicle by pulling it forward out of the gearbox, knock the old bearing off, lube the stud, knock the new bearing on, and reassemble. What am I missing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1996 Previa

I don’t think you’re missing anything. I hadn’t considered you don’t want to do the u-joints at the same time. I’m ‘u-joint anxious’ so I took the opportunity to have them replaced.