Thread: Mostly for sale - 87 4wd Auto LE

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 blue auto 4x4

Mostly for sale - 87 4wd Auto LE

IMG_0719.jpg

There's a craigslist Dallas link up with similar info and more pictures; posting a few here and slightly tailoring info to familiar drivers:

1987 Toyota Van. Runs, drives, inspection is current. 251k miles, but it's my daily driver, so that will change. The interior is very clean. The only upholstery damage is the front passenger armrest - y'all know how that happens, and I haven't found a clean replacement at a pick'n'pull. The rear seats I'm in no huge hurry to sell, mainly looking to trade for a Land Cruiser or Toyota pickup project. Would sell for $8k right now mainly because there's a local FJ55 that would get me. I'll update or remove the post as that changes.

Recent updates include:

- new Aisin manual locking hubs.
    - roof rack and awning.
    - replaced timing cover gasket, chain, and gears about a year ago.
    - had local shop with good rep rebuild OEM alternator instead of going w/ a crappy unknown reman ~ 2 years ago.
    - aluminum racing radiator conversion around 5 years ago.
    - replaced ignitor, ECU, & distributor this summer.
    - new muffle this summer.
    - swapped rear door for spare with better latch/no rust holes - the rear hatch is the wrong model, but i can include the center strip with reverse lights from the old door.

Upcoming things on my to do list:

- track slow coolant leak (I just finished a 1000 mile road trip and the low reservoir light flickered the following morning. It looks like it lost maybe 1/2 qt over the whole drive) starting with changing out hose of death and other rear 5/16 hose later this month.
    - repack/replace front wheel bearings: this is done but waiting on the seals i had to re-order before i drive it again - the SKF seals from Rock Auto were the wrong ones for the 4wd hub.
    - replace heater controls with unit from an 89: If I don't get this done before it goes, I'll include the replacement controls with the sale or trade.
    - replace seals on a/c compressor and test charge.
    - swap for Durango front shocks & adjust torsion for ~2” lift.
    - swap rear shocks/springs, modify break cable for 2” lift in rear.
    - maybe replace/rebuild power steering pump. It leaks and whines, so I’ve been driving without.
    - supplement sliding window seals with extra seal trimmed from a donor vehicle to account for heat shrinkage: I've got the spare ready to go.
    - replace lower ball joints with new ones from Toyota: parts are on order, I'll swap them when they get in.

Other stuff:

- It has the factory chrome wheels with Maxxis Bighorn tires. They look good, and they’re fun off-road, but they’re loud.
    - there are a couple of small rust patches starting that would be best dealt with before they need much. I may clean with a wire wheel and seal for the time being.
    - side door was swapped out by previous owner. Works until a paint job.
    - depending on how long I keep driving, I might get the windows tinted.
    - comes with a spare alternator because I never drive without one anymore, throttle body, two igniters, distributor, ECU, and a few other parts I've grabbed as I come across them.

a few more pictures:
    (no matter how i rotate, the two in attachments but not the post import upside down, so you may want to check the CL add on those.)
    IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    Vandi -'93 LiteAce 2CT, Auto, 4wd, Skylite!

Re: Mostly for sale - 87 4wd Auto LE

1987 was a good year
    I was a member for 2 years before I bought my van.
    Vandi-

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 blue auto 4x4

Re: Mostly for sale - 87 4wd Auto LE: PRICE SET

Ok, it's really for sale now. $7,250, but I'll let it go for $6,000 as long as the 80s 4runner I'm looking at for $6.000 hasn't sold. Then it's back up. Until I find something else i want to drive for a while. Kind of like gas prices.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1987 blue auto 4x4

Re: Mostly for sale - 87 4wd Auto LE

Quick update - I just scored an 87 Tercel 4wd wagon that I'll be road tripping from Seattle to Dallas later this month. My van is still for sale, but I'm in no hurry now that I have a buddy Toy to drive while I work on the van, and vice versa.