Thread: Need to replace sliding-door glass.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1985 Toyota Van M/T 2WD

Need to replace sliding-door glass.

In a sense. The window in the sliding door was busted in a smash-and-grab. It's the two-pane sliding window style, and only one of the panes was broken.

After a fruitless day spent searching locally, I gave up on actually getting replacement glass and had a piece of acrylic cut. Now I gotta figure out how to get that into the frame.

I've had no luck on google or youtube. I've tried "van," "van wagon," "townace," and "liteace," all to no effect. Not even my fancy-a$$ technician repair manual covers it.

I'm hoping there's someone here who can point me to what I have been unable to find.

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Re: Need to replace sliding-door glass.

Welcome to the forum sorry to hear of the random act of vandalism to your van, there’s a thread on of the refurbish the entire window frame and seals on the forum that was created by member carbonized, take a look at that and it’ll give you an idea on how to remove the window frame and replace the glass. Also there’s a fresh van at BnR wrecking in Corvallis that may have your window!!!!

Good luck

JDM

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1985 Toyota Van M/T 2WD

Re: Need to replace sliding-door glass.

Not really. Looked to gloss over the steps I needed. But it turns out the the acrylic is flexible enough I could just bend it backwards to get the edges into the frame and then buckle it to flip the curve to the outside.

Thanks anyway. 🙏