Thread: 1986 Cargo Van

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 van wagon 1986 van cargo

1986 Cargo Van

I purchased van in 2010 with 80k miles, the existing exterior paint and interior. It now shows about 86k, I exercise it regularly, and cannot verify the mileage, PO had mechanical and paint done previous to my ownership. Van rests indoors in winter, and gets exercise and fresh, treated gas as needed.
    body and chassis are rust free, save the typical windshield pillar, which I repaired. Over the years, parts replaced include oxygen sensor, radiator, thermostat, fuel filter, starter, shocks, master cylinder, rear wheel bearings and seals, fusible links, battery clamps, headlights. In 2013, the head was removed due to exhaust leak, new manifold installed, new injectors and connectors, tps , fuel press reg, fan clutch, head serviced. Complete exhaust system with new cat installed in 2015. I have a stash of parts, too numerous to mention. The auto trans has a problem mentioned on this forum, when upshifting thru 3rd gear, lifting pressure slightly on the gas pedal facilitates shifting.Overdrive works as it should. I have been unable to correct that thru cable adjustment over the years, and gotten used to it. No hard shifting or slippage. Van needs new headliner..Tires are old but usable . I drove it today, and have been putting a few miles on, but it is not getting much use. $3500. I cannot attach photos??. message me, maybe I can email them!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 van wagon 1986 van cargo

1986 cargo van

I managed to attach some photos, to accompany my previous post.........Forgot to mention, van has no AC, components have been removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Van(s):
    89' TownAce Auto SuperExtra 87' 4x4 5spd LE 87’ 4x4 5spd Cargo

Re: 1986 Cargo Van

Van looks great, keep us posted on the sale!!

Good luck!!

JDM

My Van(s):
    Vanessa the 86 2wd cargo and Rusty the Troubled 89 4WD. Update: Rusty is dead. A trailer dragged him over a cliff. He is crumpled and in my front field and donating parts to keep Vanessa on the road.
    Canada's West Coast when working. Home in the West Chilcotin when not.

Re: 1986 Cargo Van

Certainly looks better than my ‘86. (Which doesn’t look bad but …)
    Arghhh. Har Har Har. It's a pirate's life for me!

86 2wd cargo
    89 4wd (now a crumpled mound of parts in the front yard)
    96 (3rd Gen) 4Runner Limited