Thread: Townace 3C-T Valve Clearance Adjustment specs and intervals

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1993 Townace 3C-T

Townace 3C-T Valve Clearance Adjustment specs and intervals

Hi All,
    I got my rocker cover off--the trick was pulling the vacuum pump and that allowed me to rotate the aluminum crossover air pipe out of the way and not impinge on the injection pipe. In any case the van is a 1993 3C-T and has 100,000 miles on it. I am certain it has not been adjusted before.

The vehicle has a factory sticker in the engine bay that says INTAKE .010" and EXH .012" --no tolerance range. The 2C-T online manual says INT .008"-.012" and EXH .010"-.014" . This looks like the engine bay sticker if you add a tolerance range of +/- .002" .

The clearances I found upon measurement are all identical intakes just shy of .008" with exactly the same feel. Probably at .0075" because the .007" feeler gage just screams through. The exhaust clearances measured .010" , .012" , .014" and .009" . So nothing was scary but I would say that 100,000 miles was very appropriate before things got too tight in the exhaust side .
    Thanks,
    Kara

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1993 Townace 3C-T

Re: Townace 3C-T Valve Clearance Adjustment specs and intervals

I saw a video of a Diesel Hilux engine bay and it had a sticker with the valve clearances --and it showed a +/- .05mm or +/- .002" tolerance for the center value of the clearance .