My Van(s):
    87 4WD Toyota Van LE named Worf

1987 4x4 5 speed in Astoria, OR

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2939.jpgIMG_2952.jpg
    Asking $6,000

1987 Toyota Van 4x4 5 speed manual, 262k miles, with about 160k on the rebuilt engine. Engine was replaced by previous owner with one from an 89 that had 100k fewer miles on it, then he had the engine rebuilt as well. Runs like a champ. Clean title in my name, current tags.

I have owned this van for 4 years and haven't put that many miles on it. I got it from a guy on toyotavantech.com that had put a lot of love into it. After a few small fixes I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip. Engine and transmission have never had an issue. I have always kept up on fluid changes and regular maintenance and haven't had to do any big repairs in the time I have owned it. Just small stuff like replacing power window motors and the e-brake cable.

I have taken this thing offroad a bit and have been really impressed with what it can handle. 4x4 system with manual locking hubs works great. Roof rack and awning included in sale.

Exterior has small dings here and there. Some rust spots that are noted below. One of the bits of plastic trim got caught on the slider door so I took it off but still have it. Interior is okay, mostly no carpet on the floor. I do have some rubber mats for the interior cargo area that I had used when I kept the seats out
    Good:
    Rebuilt engine by previous owner
    Manual transmission shifts great
    4x4 hi/lo with manual locking hubs
    Lifted with larger General Grabber tires that have lots of life left
    Roof rack and awning included (fantastic for camping)
    Full set of seats, including captains chairs that spin all the way around
    Comes with tow hitch that mounts to the frame

Less good:
    Windshield leaks a little. Will need to be pulled and have some rust around windshield repaired.

Some rust spots. Back window area, rain gutter in two places, and a small dent on back door.

Power steering pump has very recently started acting up. Works fine but sometimes whines, and there is a slow leak coming from what looks like a hose near the PS pump.

Front passenger brake started dragging recently, causing a high pitched sound most of the time when driving.

A/C doesn't work but previous owner said it used to. I live on the coast so I never need it, never looked into it. Cruise control doesn't work currently. There are some other very minor quarks that often come with a care of this age that I can detail if you want.

Pulls to the right a little. When driving straight the steering wheel is cocked a little to one side. Recently got an alignment and that is the best the guy could do, he told me. It was worse before so it definitely got better. Recent tire rotation.

I also have a 1986 auto LE parts van for sale. Will need to be towed.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5380340598713377

Package deal could get em for a good price.
    Last edited by AstoriaLump; 08-29-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):

Re: 1987 4x4 5 speed in Astoria, OR

Added pictures to the original post. I would love to see it go to someone from TVT! I originally bought it from a member here.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):

Price drop to $5,000. I can't find the button to edit my original post.
    Last edited by AstoriaLump; 09-13-2022 at 10:05 AM.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 4x4 man

Howdy,
    I am interested. Please let me know if you still have it. I am just North of San Fran. but would come up if it looks promising.

don 415 8736015 landline

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    None but hopeful

Hey AstoriaLump,

Have you sold yet? Live a couple hours away and am interested if not!

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):

This van is up for sale again. Asking $5,000. I got busy and stopped trying to sell it a while back, but this time it has to go. The info in the original ad still applies except I just fixed the dragging brake. Here are some recent photos:

IMG_3904.jpgIMG_3906.jpgIMG_3910.jpgIMG_3914.jpg

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1987 4x4 man

Hey, sent you a reply thru my email, but thought I might try you through the website as well. Got the answers as to year and seats by looking at the pics, so yeah very interested and look forward to talking.

thanks , donnie

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1989 LE

Rust underneath?