Thread: 2wd, 44k on factory engine! Vancouver BC, & down the coast.... $5200

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '86 2wdAuto made it to 490k,now in van 'heaven' '88 panel 4x4 standard,,stolen in Tijuana jan 2012 '87 4x4 auto...new paint, now on th'road! '86 2wd auto 360k,,mint condition,had some fun, needs engi

2wd, 44k on factory engine! Vancouver BC, & down the coast.... $5200

For sale,,, 1989 Toyota LE Van...... 'buy now' price $5200usd, ~$6800cdn, open to offers otherwise. Finishing a 1+ year restoration,the van's currently got 1200 miles as my daily driver. I'd havtah say at this point that this is the best all-round condition of ~7 of these vans I've run and restored over the past ~25years. Great reserve power, quiet running, and nice to have working AC and ice maker.

Picture File....
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/P8k2CDghHHjwMask6
    toy26.jpg toy18.jpg

The van's overall mileage on odometer is 185k, 115k miles. It had a brand new warranty replacement engine 70k km ago, that's 44k miles! I don't have concrete verification of this, but the engine compression is 150+ in all cylinders. A ~650mi test run to Oregon shows great power, and virtually no oil or coolant consumption, withuel consumption @ 26miles per US gal@ 65-75mph, mostly on cruise control, AC ON!
    Other engine work.... fuel system overhaul,, most all hoses and belts replaced including h.o.d., injector gaskets. Transmission, cooling system, rear diff were flushed and filled with synthetic fluids, as appropriate. The full engine compartment has ~5/8'' extra noise,heat insulation,, makes a big difference.

toy5.jpg
    .....The BODY looks in mint condition.... at 10'. A closer look from ~3', and you'll see a number small dings and marrs to the paint and a couple of small ripples in the side door. I did some epoxy body repairs around the right rear fender, absolutely no bondo! Other body work...restored the front window frame, replaced rear bumper, renewed clearcoat on the roof and front.

...The INTERIOR is in 8/10 condition. I'm currently framing in the layout, keeping the rear bench in place, building a very diverse suite around it. You can go from 7 passengers with the captains chairs in place,, to 5 peop's with a huge open space,, to 3-4 passengers with a single bed, allowing for 29cu' total storage space,,, to a full double bed, 6'3''x 55'', with 24cu' underneath and another ~15 cu' in the back, all panels quickly fold against the driver wall.I'm soon I'm planning to I'm planning to build a40x26'' drawer at the rear, and other basic cabinetry to accommodate either tools or camp kitchen.

toy15.jpg

...UNDERSIDE... Fully coated,, recent alignment and full mechanic's inspection... brakes, suspension, front end, u joints, bushings all in good order.

.....+'s ...
    -Recent radiator and fan clutch. Lots of belts, hoses, seals replaced. -Cruise control, Overdrive, Heater, AC, Icebox, front,rear Wipers, Defrost, accessories all good, and electric windows and door locks all function well.-Virtually no oil or coolant consumption in 1000 miles driving... Synthetic oil.Transmission and rear end running strong, with clear fluids.

Parts support.... I have an extensive collection of parts for these vans. If you have any issues within in 2 years, I'll provide parts if I have them in stock.

VIEWING... Currently in Vancouver, but I often come down the west coast... Seattle,Idaho in mid sept,, perhaps Seattle, Portland, San Francisco early november.

To-Do's ...details continue. Price will rise as these are completed.
    Black side-window trim needs renewal.
    Improve Headlights.
    ...Disabler
    .....Rear Cabinet
    ....Double-up rear Suspension

...Stereo is original, with working cassette player,, one might wish to replace.

..Facebook Ad.. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/646902956544878/
    .......More pictures and details at... https://photos.app.goo.gl/P8k2CDghHHjwMask6

Drop me a line if you have any Q's or want to have a look,, Michael
    Last edited by micah202; 08-29-2022 at 08:55 PM.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    86 Van LE

Re: 2wd, 44k on factory engine! Vancouver BC, & down the coast.... $5200

Oh wow, that van is beautiful! It looks 20 years younger than it should

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '86 2wdAuto made it to 490k,now in van 'heaven' '88 panel 4x4 standard,,stolen in Tijuana jan 2012 '87 4x4 auto...new paint, now on th'road! '86 2wd auto 360k,,mint condition,had some fun, needs engi

That's a good way to put it. Over the last year I managed to bring it back about 20 years

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Looking & researching

Hey dude I love it, I'll PM you.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

Yah, pretty proud of it. Been workin these vans for 20-25 years. I really would keep this one, I'm pretty sure the core will go for ages.... but me, I'm not so sure!
    At 6'3,, and in my 60's it's actually getting to be a challenge to fit!

Not seeing a PM, but maybe you're the fellow why messaged me through marketplace? ...that's actually a good way to get me.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Looking & researching

I just sent it off now. Thanks!