Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Replacing Fuel Injector(s)

My Van(s):
    87 LE in full "restormodif" mode... ... All Toyota with a twist or two! 89 4WD cargo in need of a little reshaping.

Re: Replacing Fuel Injector(s)

The blue color is what gave me the EBGBs. The Chinese are well known for no being embarrassed by such detail, or a missing letter in a name or some small change in a Logo and still claim OE branding. Shouldn't there be an M after the OE?

I have too been tricked by the big 3's that is why I have nickname for them Fleabay, Crooklist, and Crapazone
    LG.
    "perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." A. de St Exupery.

My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota Van LE 4x4 5spd, on 30x9.50R15s, boosted to 16PSI

Check out www.lceperformance.com

They don't advertise for Van specific stuff, but they have correct CC drop in injectors. I ran a set of their matched 22RE injectors (same CC as the Van) for several years. You'll want to research the correct CC and plug and call them. They have great customer service.

I'm currently running Bosch 4 hole high impedance injectors from an eBay company called osidetiger. I ran them using the stock computer, now I have standalone injection. You can run the high impedance on the stock computer by deleting the injector resister.

Keeping these vans running means finding creative solutions. Sometimes you get lucky and end up upgrading at the same time.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1985 2wd w/ 92k miles

Quote Originally Posted by VanCo View Post

I'm currently running Bosch 4 hole high impedance injectors from an eBay company called osidetiger. I ran them using the stock computer, now I have standalone injection. You can run the high impedance on the stock computer by deleting the injector resister.

I have these injectors also, I haven't done anything to the computer and van seems to run fine, I didn't know that these injectors increase cc. How do I delete the resistor?

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by barlescharkley View Post

I have these injectors also, I haven't done anything to the computer and van seems to run fine, I didn't know that these injectors increase cc. How do I delete the resistor?
    There are many different cc flow rates of injectors that fit the van fuel rail and electrical plug. The flow rate depends on which injectors you bought. I bought larger 330cc injectors because I added a turbo. I believe the stock van is around195cc.

There is a resister pack for the injectors near the airbox. A delete plug came with my injectors. You unplug the resister, and plug in the delete plug. You only want to do this with high impedance injectors. If you delete the resister with low impedance injectors you will fry the injector drivers in the ECU. All the resister delete does is removes the resister from the circuit. If you leave it in with high impedance injectors, the injectors will not get the appropriate voltage and current. It may run, but it's not right.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    IG:@dialupthevan 89 - 2WD - 201k 87 - 4WD - 188K

I found an injector! (Part# AUS-MP-50186) Should arrive sometime this week.
    Never used this brand before but at this point I'll take a chance on it haha. If it ends up not working out, I'll drop in the Bosch injectors and rewire the harness. Thanks again for the input!

That smells like regular! She needs premium DUDE! PREMIUM!

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

That's awesome! They could probably sell more if they referenced the Toyota part number (would reel in more searchers). Glad you found it! As far as I can tell it looks like a direct interchange. In case anyone else needs one, here's a link to this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/AUS-Injection...ype=automotive

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

Check out www.lceperformance.com

They don't advertise for Van specific stuff, but they have correct CC drop in injectors. I ran a set of their matched 22RE injectors (same CC as the Van) for several years. You'll want to research the correct CC and plug and call them. They have great customer service.

Keeping these vans running means finding creative solutions. Sometimes you get lucky and end up upgrading at the same time.
    are these the ones you're talking about?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-87-Toy...IAAOSwy4hUUbC2

My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Jdelgado View Post
    are these the ones you're talking about?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-87-Toy...IAAOSwy4hUUbC2
    Yeah, that is the seller and style of injector I'm currently running. I'm not running those van specific injectors though, because I need a higher flow rate.

I really like the injectors, I have about 10k miles on mine. They seem smoother, but all I have is my buttscilloscope to gauge it.

They come with the resister delete plug, and new harness pigtails if you need them. One thing I noticed is that they are a bit louder than stock. You get a pretty solid click when they open and close, but I like that, it means they're working.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

Yeah, that is the seller and style of injector I'm currently running. I'm not running those van specific injectors though, because I need a higher flow rate.

I really like the injectors, I have about 10k miles on mine. They seem smoother, but all I have is my buttscilloscope to gauge it.

They come with the resister delete plug, and new harness pigtails if you need them. One thing I noticed is that they are a bit louder than stock. You get a pretty solid click when they open and close, but I like that, it means they're working.

I spoke with others who are running them and they really like this company, So I ordered the van ones from that link! Thanks again for your input.

Is the resister delete plug mandatory for these van specific ones?

My Van(s):

Is the resister delete plug mandatory for these van specific ones?
    Yeah, the replacement injectors are high impedance, and the factory injectors are low impedance. To make the low impedance injectors work with the ECU injector drivers they use a resistor. If you do not remove the resistor for the high impedance injectors the injectors will not have the appropriate voltage and current.

The engine may run without removing the resistor, but it is not proper.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

Yeah, the replacement injectors are high impedance, and the factory injectors are low impedance. To make the low impedance injectors work with the ECU injector drivers they use a resistor. If you do not remove the resistor for the high impedance injectors the injectors will not have the appropriate voltage and current.

The engine may run without removing the resistor, but it is not proper.

gotcha! I'll def use the resister delete plug then. Thanks for the speedy response!

My Van(s):

gotcha! I'll def use the resister delete plug then. Thanks for the speedy response!
    No problem.

I noticed that in the description they mention to contact them if you have an 88-89 model. They may have the correct plug injector for your 89.

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    Toyota Van 1984 2wd

Hello everyone, I'm looking to replace my injectors. Are these the right fit for a '84 van?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-87-Toy...orig_cvip=true

In the description says it fit for the vans 84-87.

Bosch Masterace Spacecruiser: 1984 1985 1986 1987 Wagon 3YEC 4YEC Tarango

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1986 Toyota Van 2wd

I was wondering about those injectors as well. I’ve inspected my injectors (exterior) and they look almost done.