Thread: Dimensions of the front and rear prop shafts for 92 Previa DX Alltrac MTM

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    None - Looking for my first.

Dimensions of the front and rear prop shafts for 92 Previa DX Alltrac MTM

Does anyone have the specs on these. Photos would be amazing simply because I’ve called all over and practically no one has any clue. Are the prop shafts, front and rear, (not the SADS) different between automatic and manual? Length? Spline count? Any info would be crazy helpful. I think I’ve been able to find part numbers but being able to actually find the front prop shaft on a manual alltrac has turned into some fifth level of hell nightmare.

Thanks in advance!

I’m assisting a friend with finding a front prop shaft for his Previa. Don’t even know how long it’s been missing other than at least 5 years. Don’t know the condition of the diff or the transfer case either. That’s for when we actually find the part and get it installed.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    91 Previa 5 Speed M/T Alltrac, 93 Previa 5 Speed M/T RWD

Re: Dimensions of the front and rear prop shafts for 92 Previa DX Alltrac MTM

I have a '91 alltrac mtm. The front shaft is a 2 piece type. Please confirm that only the front portion connecting to the diff is missing. The rear portion connecting to the transfer case is still there, yes?

If this is true, and you just need the front portion of the front shaft, I believe this part is the same for all years of alltrac Previa. I base this on the fact that I gave my front/front shaft to a guy with a '95 atm alltrac whose front/front shaft had broken and it worked out for him. (I have converted mine to rwd because of transfer and diff problems).

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    None - Looking for my first.

Re: Dimensions of the front and rear prop shafts for 92 Previa DX Alltrac MTM

We were actually able to source a whole front shaft from a MTM 92 Alltrac. Seems to be ok but the viscous coupler in the transfer case is definitely bad. So now waiting on a Transfer Case from the same person.