Thread: INJECTOR CONNECTIONS QUERY <;~O ......

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '86 2wdAuto made it to 490k,now in van 'heaven' '88 panel 4x4 standard,,stolen in Tijuana jan 2012 '87 4x4 auto...new paint, now on th'road! '86 2wd auto 360k,,mint condition,had some fun, needs engi

INJECTOR CONNECTIONS QUERY <;~O ......

Mann, I've been changing out the engine on my '86, 4YEC,
    ...almost all done, but have hit a snag in one of the final connections......

I decided to take a shortcut, and snipped the wires leading to injector 3 and 4 on the replacement engine, rather than removing the intake manifold, with the intention of splicing the leads back in place.

....The leads for Injector 3 were easy-peasy,,, where the wires from my van had matching black, and light brown wires as the donor engine,,
    ,,,but
    on injector 4,, the wires from my van are black\green and brown,,, while the wires to injector 4 on the engine are yellow and green! <;~o

Question 1.... Does the polarity of the injector actually matter, or can I make this connection in either order?
    This would of course make this a non problem,, but I'm assuming it might not be that simple. <;~\

Q 2.... If it's not as simple as randomizing this connection, how on earth do I ascertain the correct connection?

Q3... If I randomly connect these injector wires, I've got 50-50 chance of getting it right, but if I don't,,, do I cause calamity?
    What are the likely signs if I connect the wires incorrectly,, a telltale sound? ....or complete 'meltdown' of some sort?? <;~O

....Many thanks for your edumacated suggestions! Michael.
    Last edited by micah202; 04-22-2020 at 04:02 AM.

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):
    '86 2wdAuto made it to 490k,now in van 'heaven' '88 panel 4x4 standard,,stolen in Tijuana jan 2012 '87 4x4 auto...new paint, now on th'road! '86 2wd auto 360k,,mint condition,had some fun, needs engi

Re: INJECTOR CONNECTIONS QUERY <;~O ......

....Anyone?

My Van(s):
    1987 Toyota Van LE 4x4 5spd, on 30x9.50R15s, boosted to 16PSI

The injector is a simple electromagnetic solenoid. Polarity does not matter. I like to make them all consistant though. Designated all the left or right terminals as positive or negative. This really does nothing but satiate a need in my brain for order.

They do need to be connected to the proper wire to the ECU. Like this:

Name:  Screenshot_20200424-081335.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  7.8 KB

Van Enthusiast
    My Van(s):

Ahh, perfect, thanks so much!

I was surprised to see totally different colors for #4, especially when #3 was a match.