Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: The WHAT-IS-THIS-PART and WHAT'S-THE-PART-NUMBER Thread for US Toyota Vans 1984-1989

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    87 Toyota Van Wagon LE 4x4

coolant tube under intake/exhaust manifold

Looking to ID this coolant tube - it goes from the water outlet on back of water pump under intake/exhaust manifold and feeds oil cooler and heater hose.
    Name:  6F2BA4F7-3BFB-4BCD-8453-A43FA53F667C.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  10.1 KB

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: The WHAT-IS-THIS-PART and WHAT'S-THE-PART-NUMBER Thread for US Toyota Vans 1984-1

That's Toyota part #16268-73060 Pipe, Water By-Pass No 1. Unfortunately it's no longer available. Your choice is to repair (welding/brazing) or to fabricate something to replace it with. If you're lucky you might be able to find a good used one in a salvage yard, but these vans are getting harder and harder to find in the yards these days.

PS: If it's just only holes or pitting on nipples, but otherwise okay, you can replace the hose and slide it on farther, then move your clamp up past the damaged parts.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):

Re: The WHAT-IS-THIS-PART and WHAT'S-THE-PART-NUMBER Thread for US Toyota Vans 1984-1

will try to weld it, one of the nipples snapped off.

Looks like exhaust manifold is cracked as well - assuming there is no use welding it. Any advice on finding an exhaust manifold for an 87 4x4 auto?

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Exhaust manifold is part #17141-72010 and that was available up until about 1 or 2 years ago. The manifold can be welded, but if you want it to last it should also be stress relieved and then machined flat on the mating surface. Because the intake manifold uses the same nuts/studs, it's important the mount flange be the same thickness as the intake manifold (where the nut/washer contacts). So only very minimal material should be removed. If it requires much machining, then you may need to compensate by welding/grinding on the nut side to bring it back up to spec in those areas. Tim

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    That's Toyota part #16268-73060 Pipe, Water By-Pass No 1. Unfortunately it's no longer available. Your choice is to repair (welding/brazing) or to fabricate something to replace it with. If you're lucky you might be able to find a good used one in a salvage yard, but these vans are getting harder and harder to find in the yards these days.

PS: If it's just only holes or pitting on nipples, but otherwise okay, you can replace the hose and slide it on farther, then move your clamp up past the damaged parts.

Any ideas why my water By-Pass pipe is so much different than what's in the parts manual or others have in their vans.
    Mine has a whole extra pipe headed to the left around the engine - is this part of the auto trans?

Highlighted parts seem to be extra?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

The pipe in your picture is from an automatic 4wd van. Those vans have a sandwich type engine oil cooler that gets it's cooling from engine antifreeze (fed by that pipe). Yours is Toyota part #16268-73060. That pipe without the oil cooler section (in 2wd vans and manual transmission 4wd vans) is Toyota part #16268-73011.

Toyota doesn't show the extra pipe sections in their breakdowns, but if you were able to get a 16268-73060 it would have that extra pipe/nipples. Tim

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    86 Van LE

Hi,
    I want to replace the bumpstops that are on the front lower control arms. I looked at the toyota epc data, to get the part number, and to my surprise, they were available and affordable. However when I got them, they look nothing like the ones that are on the control arms now. Are my old ones incorrect, or are my new ones incorrect? And if the new ones are incorrect, what part number do I need? And I guess if not available I could go for a universal one, but the size difference is huge, so I want to make sure i get remotely the correct size.
    These are on my van now:
    Name:  IMG_4563.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  47.1 KB
    on epc data:
    Name:  IMG_1696.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  56.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1699.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  53.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_4565.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  42.2 KB
    but it isn't even remotely the same size:
    Name:  IMG_4566.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  47.5 KB

now somewhere else, in a completely unrelated topic on this site, I saw an exploded view, maybe from a maintenance manual, that looks very much like what I have now:
    Name:  IMG_1695.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  32.8 KB

I ordered 48305-30030, listed as BUMPER, FRONT SPRING, NO.1
    Could it be 48331-29055, listed as BUMPER, FRONT SPRING, NO.2 ?
    This one is on a bit of an odd location in the parts diagram, and there is no clear picture. But if this is the correct one, where should the NO1 bumpstop go???

and this one: 48331-27051 is listed for a townace, but does kinda look like what I have now, but more ehm pointy, but I guess mine could have been pointy as well at some point in time.... But it has the two mounting bolts like mine
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/394503684535
    Last edited by Jan-Willem; 01-08-2024 at 03:01 PM.

My Van(s):
    1987 Van 2-wd

try looking at bump-stops for a 90's ford truck or a 1969 Chevelle -- there's a close match out there somewhere

Forum Newbie vintagecoffeeroaster's Avatar
    My Van(s):
    87 vanwagon

I think I need a new one of these. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one. I believe it’s called a injector resistor or ballast resistor, I have a 1987 panel van with a Y4-e

Name:  IMG_8060.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  13.8 KB

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    1986 LE

I think that is the resistor network for your injector windings DC.

Anyone out there that can confirm that?

Mytoy

My Van(s):
    1989 Cargo Van A/T 2WD; 269k on the clock & counting!

Yep, it is!

Name:  resistor and efi stuff.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  19.2 KB

Van Addict
    My Van(s):
    1986 LE

Nice Exploded view. Where did you get that?

mt