Thread: Heater Fan not working, where is the blower relay?

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1985 2wd

Heater Fan not working, where is the blower relay?

Hi all,

Thanks for being here! I just bought a 1985 2WD, and I'm loving putting her all back together.

Ok, that's a stretch... I'm loving the thought of having her all back together!

I'm trying to track down the issue with the heater- not functioning.

I've checked the breaker, the reset is pushed in, and it checked out for continuity.

I've checked the resistor pack, which is corroded to crumbling... but when I turn on the fan to "4", and check the power at the blower, I get nothing. No voltage.

I'm attaching a couple of photos to make sure I'm doing this right. Is the red circled plug on the blower motor the power plug?

If so, is it possible for the resistor pack to be so corroded as to kill all power to the blower?

And last, folks are all talking about replacing the blower relay. ...Sounds like a great idea... but which one is it?

I've been trying to find it on the diagrams, with no luck! I've taken a picture of the fuse box, and the relays there...

Which one is it? A, B, C or D?

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1985 2wd

Re: Heater Fan not working, where is the blower relay?

Update: I did some more research online via web images and found this diagram (below)

It looks like the answer was (B).

I'm giving myself a banana sticker.

I'll try replacing that tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1984 Toyota Van 2WD

There are only two wires on the blower motor. Hook a 12v source directly to it and see if the motor works. The brushes on my 84 have worn out over the years several times.

John

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    1985 Toyota van

I bought an 84 van last fall. Stripped the inside. Recently got it back from the paint shop and am putting it back together. I'm having an issue with my rear heater fan not working. On the back side of the controls, I found 2 wires cut that come from the speed control knob (no sign of the rest of the wire). There are 2 connectors to the knob and this is to the smaller one. Does anyone have an idea where they are supposed to connect to? Also I have 2 separate extra wires there that come from the wiring harness. Any idea what they are for? Cut wires are white with single small r[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jim/Pictures/2020-02-20/001.JPG[/IMG]ed cross hash like marks. One has a blue stripe. Will try to send a pic.