Thread: How to disassemble the dash on a Previa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    94 toyota previa

Re: How to disassemble the dash on a Previa

Hi, My problem is that the fan speed control lever does not move. Is it possible to take the whole unit you are holding (in the first photo) further and fix that lever? Or do I need to buy the entire unit shown in your photo to fix it? I would appreciate your advice. Thanks

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Quote Originally Posted by jinaleecpa View Post
    Hi, My problem is that the fan speed control lever does not move. Is it possible to take the whole unit you are holding (in the first photo) further and fix that lever? Or do I need to buy the entire unit shown in your photo to fix it? I would appreciate your advice. Thanks
    Sounds like you'll need the switch (picture #8). It's Toyota part #84732-95D00. It's somewhat of a PITA to get it out of there, but once you get the larger assembly out you can see how it all comes apart. Tim

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    94 toyota previa

Thank you very much for your help and the part #. I live in Dallas area and I could not find a mechanic who is willing to take it apart and find the issue. I will take it apart myself and buy the part, then take it to the mechanic to replace it. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by timsrv View Post
    Sounds like you'll need the switch (picture #8). It's Toyota part #84732-95D00. It's somewhat of a PITA to get it out of there, but once you get the larger assembly out you can see how it all comes apart. Tim

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    Toyota Previa -96 Mercedes Benz 209D -90

Yo blokes, thanks for a thread that probably saves my tomorrow when I am going to rip up my Previa's dashboard in hunt for possible malfunction in heat adjustment system. Actually I might post a question to a separate thread about the topic