Thread: Door Dash Light

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 townace 4x4 diesel

Door Dash Light

Wondering if anyone has a tip or trick to get the door dash light to go away. When opening all doors the dome lights come on as expected, and with the car on all doors closed and dome lights off the door light on the dash still illuminates. i have a feeling it has something to do with the rear door but haven't been able to solve it and it doesn't make sense since the dome light if off.
    any ideas?

Van Fan
    My Van(s):
    86 Van LE

Re: Door Dash Light

I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I have a light on my dash that lights up when, and only when, the rear door/hatch is not locked. So it doesn't detect being closed, it must be closed AND locked. (although, I looked at the construction of that switch, and it seemed like it is a miracle mine still worked)

My Van(s):
    1989 Cargo Van A/T 2WD; 269k on the clock & counting!

Hmmmm, using what I know, since you have a JDM Van it could be something different than the U.S. Vans I think. My van (base cargo so nothing special besides A/C!) only has the door dash light on when any door or doors including the sliding and rear door are open. Locks don't matter since it's all manual locks. LE vans, if they have power accessories might be similar but I cannot speak on that.

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1991 townace 4x4 diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Jan-Willem View Post
    I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I have a light on my dash that lights up when, and only when, the rear door/hatch is not locked. So it doesn't detect being closed, it must be closed AND locked. (although, I looked at the construction of that switch, and it seemed like it is a miracle mine still worked)
    Thanks that did the trick. I feel kinda dumb but glad I know the reasoning now. makes sense why it didn't show up a few times in that past when the rear hatch was locked, duh!